Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In actuality, your car could actually be 'in transit' but the system hasn't caught up yet -- I would contact your dealer rep and see if they can shake some trees !! Now that you called Nissan CS looks like it's my turn to call as well ---

UPDATE: called CS, they didn't have anything new on my car but did say that once the status changes to 'the week of' they would have something more definitive -- they still show 'month of November' on their system for me so it's still expected sometime during the coming month, again the +/- 15 days until 'the week of' notice pops up. Perhaps there are a bunch in transit waiting to be updated on the system but nothing new at this point.

dutchinchicago said:
Mine is also still saying month of November. I am a bit worried that it got stuck in some strange state because of my charger installation waiver.

I'm having the same problem in GA. My delivery date is still "month of November," even though someone that ordered from the same dealership as me (several days later) has a week of 11/25 delivery date.

I'm wondering what the hick up is in their system. Maybe they are waiting unit the cars hit the port of entry to decide who gets them.

Order Date: 8/2/11
2012 SL Silver

Drum roll please ...

My delivery date just changed overnight from 'month of November' to 'week of December 5' so I have my VIN and have done the initial setup of CARWINGS; perhaps the call to CS did something perhaps not, but at least now I know that an actual LEAF is on its way ! Of course I'm a bit disappointed it did not make the month of November but Nissan did meet its online commitment of +/- 15 days of the month of November so can't complain much -- the other Tier 2 states appear to indeed be ahead of IL; we're obviously not on the coast so perhaps trucking time inland ? As I haven't had a need to check ships, etc. as didn't have a VIN yet, does this now allow you to see at what point your actual car might be? (was able to for another make/model but we had an insider for the ships bound from Europe)? Next step to update my forum sign' ;)

The assumption seems to be that, once VINs are released, your car is at a port in the U.S. Beyond that, not much else.

Did you get a VIN in the 15000s? I’m starting to see MY2012 VINs in the 16000s show up in dealer inventory lists out in California.

Weatherman said:
The assumption seems to be that, once VINs are released, your car is at a port in the U.S. Beyond that, not much else.

Did you get a VIN in the 15000s? I’m starting to see MY2012 VINs in the 16000s show up in dealer inventory lists out in California.

in the 152xx's -- the comment above assumes about a 37 day journey to my dealer; I suppose this is reasonable for port unloading and dock prep as well as a holiday in between, I guess this shows how long a journey the car takes from Japan to the midwest

bigtlb said:
Are you getting your VIN on the dashboard or in a separate email?

I haven't seen any info on mine yet. :(

My VIN showed up once you go to setup CARWINGS on the main site where you first registered to make a purchase; you won't lose a month of the 3 year free service as you'll click on the button that you don't have your car yet but want to get a CARWINGS pin.

I haven't received my CARWINGS activation invitation yet, so that explains why I don't have a VIN.

I live chatted with Amanda at CS and she said the invitation is usually sent out 30 days prior to estimated delivery. So, I should receive it in the next week or two.

Taking a deep breath and practicing patience... :|

My account page changed to week of December 05,2011 as well.

I did not receive any information on activating Carwings. When did you receive your e-mail?

The enable Carwings section is still grayed out.

dutchinchicago said:
My account page changed to week of December 05,2011 as well.

I did not receive any information on activating Carwings. When did you receive your e-mail?

The enable Carwings section is still grayed out.

No actual email notification, went to the ordering site, saw that my delivery date had changed and the CARWINGS folder 'enabled', clicked on the link and saw my VIN ... here is a screen shot of my order page now; sounds like if you've moved from 'month of' to 'week of' you may need to contact Nissan CS; I did get an email once I set up CARWINGS as that's the Nissan "Owner's" site that you'll use post-purchase, of course it doesn't speed up the process at all but getting the VIN may firm up getting an exact auto insurance quote and perhaps even pre-applying for plates but possibly not as I won't have a bill of sale yet; we'll see if these changes again as it has for others:

10-27-2011%2011-09-45%20AM.jpg

UPDATE: OK, that's weird, I just got this email update well after I went in to activate CARWINGS that the delivery date had changed so perhaps there is just a delay in their automated email system:

"Hi xxx, the estimated delivery date for your Nissan LEAF™ has been updated. Sign in to "my account" to see when your vehicle is now expected to arrive at your Nissan Dealer."

I got that e-mail as well but no carwings.

How do you post a picture?

once you become an owner you are invited to use the owners’ portal, a place to help you manage your Nissan LEAF™. from there you can:

check state of battery charge
start charging
check when battery charge will complete
see estimated driving range
turn on or off the climate control system

redLEAF said:
Weatherman said:

in the 152xx's -- the comment above assumes about a 37 day journey to my dealer; I suppose this is reasonable for port unloading and dock prep as well as a holiday in between, I guess this shows how long a journey the car takes from Japan to the midwest
I am in the 156xx range.

On the "owner" site there is an "Edit/Add Vehicle Information" tab. Is anyone able to configure the color of their car? My color tabs are inactive. I also tried to log into my account via the android LEAF phone app, but was unable to. Probably need a car first. ;)

On dutchinchicago's comment on the 'post a photo' comment, I'm a gold member of the forum but I posted an image I uploaded to a web site and then simply used that URL (which has a .jpg extension) using the Img button when posting here -- they don't have a file upload capability like I've seen on other web sites -- if you have a personal web site (or use one of those free photo sharing sites) I would suggest uploading your image there and simply using the URL that includes the .jpg file of the actual photo's location on that site; others have used flicker but there are others out there.

on lukati's comments -- also did not see the option to add a car color, yet; on the smart phone app, probably right that we need the car first -- I did however add the other expected driver's of the LEAF easily. Interesting that our cars are several hundred SN's apart so looks like either a huge shipment came in or they were on different ships

Hi, I am new here but have been enjoying your posts. We live in Oak Park, IL. I receive 159xx VIN number today with delivery Dec 5th. My color is Brilliant Silver. My guess is they manufacture X number of cars in one color with consecutive VIN numbers and then change the color. That would account for the several hundred VIN numbers apart.
Bill

Did you carwings just enable or did you get an email with some sort of activation code. I am december 05 in old town but no carwings or vin.

My CARWINGS folder still looks like this:

NoCarWings.PNG

According to Amanda at CS it will activate approximately 30 days before your estimated delivery date (give or take a week).

Because redLeaf had a November delivery date for a while, the system must have already activated his.

I am still on the pre-purchase checklist step, waiting for my CARWINGS...

ChecklistProgress.PNG

I got an e mail saying that I will be one of the first to get the car. it directed me to the owners panel. Now my delivery says week of December 5th, 2011

YashuV said:
I got an e mail saying that I will be one of the first to get the car. it directed me to the owners panel. Now my delivery says week of December 5th, 2011

Did you get a VIN as well as access to activate CARWINGS and if you got a VIN what series (i.e., 152xx or 156xx) as some are trying to determine if the colors are made in sequential batches? On the previous comments on smart phone app, as my son will also be driving our LEAF I added him as a driver along with his email address and he got an invitation to use the smart phone app' (he has an iPod Touch) -- although I've seen the screen shots on the forum it was great to see how well it works -- of course for now its just default values as we don't have our LEAF yet but still pretty cool about the charging state, set the climate controls, etc. -- still wish they would offer a Windows Phone 7 version as that's what I use at work but hopefully that will come later. In actuality December 2nd and 5th are only a few days apart so hopefully this will be multiple car carriers full of LEAF's coming to town (sounds like someone needs to stake out the tollways !!).

Long time Lurker but figured I had better post since my delivery date seams to be(at this moment) a little in front of some others here. I am about 2 hours south of Chicago but this appears to be the closest regional discussion. My dealer is in springfield so I guess the truck is rolling from south to north. My vin is 158xx and I have car wings enabled.

Back