Check out my New Door Magnets! - #ubuygas

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBUYGAS

When I go to EV meets, Gas Car shows or I just feel like sticking it to people I stick to the side of my 2013 SL Magnets that are made to grab the attention of the people passing or driving by.

I just printed up 3 new ones which I put on Instagram and can be viewed by clicking here:

http://instagram.com/p/t6B_qCmTwb/?modal=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://instagram.com/p/t6Bk3SmT_p/?modal=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The next one is a bit Vulgar and if you are easily offended then please do not click the following URL:
http://instagram.com/p/t6AiLQmT9d/?modal=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lasareath

#ubuygas #isis

Nice. But I wouldn't phrase the ISIS one in the form of a question; we're not playing Jeopardy! here... ;-)

Especially "knowing you", just tell it like it (probably) is: i.e., e.g.,

----------------> When you fill up, your money is supporting ISIS.

LOL?

Well it might not be. It's a question because we only buy 11% of our oil from the Middle east. Most comes from Mexico & Canada

mbender said:
Nice. But I wouldn't phrase the ISIS one in the form of a question; we're not playing Jeopardy! here... ;-)

Especially "knowing you", just tell it like it (probably) is: i.e., e.g.,

----------------> When you fill up, your money is supporting ISIS.

LOL?

Lasareath said:
Well it might not be. It's a question because we only buy 11% of our oil from the Middle east. Most comes from Mexico & Canada
This has been "eating at me" for a while. I think it's significantly more (like 3-4x) than 11%. I'm looking at this EIA page and I could be reading it wrong, but I'd still like to know your source. I know Mexico and Canada are significant sources as individual countries, but as a region (or as OPEC, which includes Venezuela and Ecuador), the Mideast is up there.

Regardless, even if you're right with the mysterious 11% number, it's too much. Even a dime a day from 10s or 100s of millions of drivers adds up quickly, day in and day out. People have to wake up to this fact!

Anecdotallly, years ago, none other than a former CIA Director [James Woolsey] had a bumper sticker on his Prius that said "Bin Laden Hates the Car". And I think it was a plain-vanilla Prius; at most, it was an early/one-off plug-in conversion! He was a PHEV advocate/ambassador for a while, though I don't know if he still talks about petroleum dependence, etc.

Lasareath said:
Oil is fungible. Even if we buy 0% of oil from middle east, we are supporting all those despotic rulers and their million sq. ft. "tents" by increasing demand which increases global oil prices.

MrIanB said:
Those are the kind of comments that an idiot will get your car key for.
Ian B

It's Ok, I am not Scared. I'm a Big MF, I'm usually a lot bigger than everyone else and most people do not get in my face.

There's a picture at http://www.ubuygas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; of me and 8 of my EV buddies, I'm the biggest one. I'm sure you can pick me out. I'm 6'5" & 370LBS.

mbender said:
Lasareath said:
This has been "eating at me" for a while. I think it's significantly more (like 3-4x) than 11%. I'm looking at this EIA page and I could be reading it wrong, but I'd still like to know your source. I know Mexico and Canada are significant sources as individual countries, but as a region (or as OPEC, which includes Venezuela and Ecuador), the Mideast is up there.

Regardless, even if you're right with the mysterious 11% number, it's too much. Even a dime a day from 10s or 100s of millions of drivers adds up quickly, day in and day out. People have to wake up to this fact!

Anecdotallly, years ago, none other than a former CIA Director [James Woolsey] had a bumper sticker on his Prius that said "Bin Laden Hates the Car". And I think it was a plain-vanilla Prius; at most, it was an early/one-off plug-in conversion! He was a PHEV advocate/ambassador for a while, though I don't know if he still talks about petroleum dependence, etc.

I think on Wikipedia it said 12.9%, I'll have to do more research.

evnow said:
Lasareath said:
Oil is fungible. Even if we buy 0% of oil from middle east, we are supporting all those despotic rulers and their million sq. ft. "tents" by increasing demand which increases global oil prices.

You are correct, You should see everyone looking at and reading my magnets. Out of 10 people 1 will say Nice signs!, I Love them and give me a thumbs up............ It's a start.
isis.jpg

The paragraph below says 29% and just Saudi Arabia is 13%

Over half of U.S. petroleum imports come from the Western Hemisphere
Some may be surprised to learn that over 50% of U.S. crude oil and petroleum products imports came from the Western Hemisphere (North, South, and Central America, and the Caribbean, including U.S. territories) during 2012. About 29% of our imports of crude oil and petroleum products came from the Persian Gulf countries of Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates. Our largest sources of net crude oil and petroleum product imports were Canada and Saudi Arabia.

Top sources of net crude oil and petroleum product imports:

Canada (28%)
Saudi Arabia (13%)
Mexico (10%)
Venezuela (9%)
Russia (5%)

Taken from: http://www.eia.gov/energy_in_brief/article/foreign_oil_dependence.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There seems to be a little bit of irony emphasizing American values on a Japanese (company's) car. Yes, I know the current LEAF is made in the US. I get the same sense of irony when I notice that most cars with an American flag sticker on them are imports. :?

The People Driving are the Americans, Not their car! Duh.

aarond12 said:
There seems to be a little bit of irony emphasizing American values on a Japanese (company's) car. Yes, I know the current LEAF is made in the US. I get the same sense of irony when I notice that most cars with an American flag sticker on them are imports. :?

Back