"Charging stopped" twice anyone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBELEAF

I have BLINK unit and charge always to 80%. I noticed that recently I started having Blink send me 2nd email a few hours later with "Charging stopped" message. Blink unit shows that charging started and stopped, but with 0 change for all charging stats. Anyone else have this issue?

Well, first we have to establish who sends you messages. I don't think anyone was getting messages from Blink until last weekend. Carwings normally sends similar messages. My guess is you are now seeing the new Blink messages in addition to the ones from the car. This is obvious if you gave the Blink a different name than your car. And maybe not so obvious otherwise. I haven't established a pattern to the Blink yet. Yesterday I thought it was when I pulled the plug from the car, but that may be coincidence. I haven't gotten a message about today's charge yet...

When the Blink itself does something dumb, it will usually register a charging session of 0 minutes, but you seem to be saying that's not what happened.

Just to clarify I get 2 emails from Carwings. First email when charging completed at 80% and second one when as you say Blink does something and shows charging session as 0.

You're right, come to think of it. If the Blink turns on the charge, and the car is already charged, the car will terminate the charge. And the car will send a message about the charging having stopped. The blink may attempt to charge if it has a timer that tells it to start charging, and it may do the same after it reboots itself (which it does frequently), or for other reasons I haven't thought of.

I think this may also happen if I hit the charge "button" on the Blink, and the car's timer says it's not time to charge yet. Of course, you'd know if you did that.

Back