CHarging "Brick" replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viktor said:
But charging time would still be significantly shorter than with US equipped Leaf?

120v * 12a = 1.44kW (standard USA/Canada spec LEAF EVSE)

230v * 10a = 2.3kW (presumably what the LEAF EVSE is in all of Europe)

240v * 16a = 3.8kW (modified to match maximum charger output w/ 3.3kW charger)

Viktor said:
But charging time would still be significantly shorter than with US equipped Leaf?
With just the included cord, yes.

Lots of European stuff runs better due to the additional power available.
Electric kettle is way faster to boil in Europe.

13 x 230 = 2990 watts
15 x 120 = 1800 watts

And a 200' extension cord will not break your back.

The 200' reference comes from watching some remodel/repairs performed in Vladivostok. The men had a huge coil of extension cord, very thin, to power drills etc plugged in way down at the other end of the very long hallway. Cord was thinner than anything in the US and powered some rather large grinders and saws. I was thinking that might actually work well. Of course here in the US we often use battery powered tools and air driven equipment.

Today got new covered by insurance. Looks the same like it was before (same size) :(

Part number is 29690 3NA1B.

At backside reads: Output 240V, 10A.

Hmmm... I always though it is capable also for 16A current (usual one in our sockets). That interesting - did I get a model with lower power than with a new car (never checked). There is a sticker on the bag saying "1B" on both bags (the bag is only what left from old stolen one). This seems to be the end part of the model. But it is probably telling about region (like 0A for USA). And letter before it (3rd from the end) for the difference in the models... Probably I need to check from dealer is "A" is only one in our region...

And the price (if not covered by insurance) would be 800 euros :roll: :shock:

Now also did a lock for it :geek: :)

866898w.jpg

866899w.jpg

I don't get it.

Why don't you just use a padlock in the lock built into the EVSE handle?

Couldn't a thief easily cut your cable, and re-splice it later?

Den said:
Today got new covered by insurance. Looks the same like it was before (same size) :(

Part number is 29690 3NA1B.

At backside reads: Output 240V, 10A.

Hmmm... I always though it is capable also for 16A current (usual one in our sockets). That interesting - did I get a model with lower power than with a new car (never checked). There is a sticker on the bag saying "1B" on both bags (the bag is only what left from old stolen one). This seems to be the end part of the model. But it is probably telling about region (like 0A for USA). And letter before it (3rd from the end) for the difference in the models... Probably I need to check from dealer is "A" is only one in our region...

And the price (if not covered by insurance) would be 800 euros :roll: :shock:

Now also did a lock for it :geek: :)

866898w.jpg

866899w.jpg

Hey I just got rid of a Leaf and have 2 CHargers Model # 29690 3NA0A. Im located in washington state. If anyone is interested in them and wants to save a boat load of money i will let each charger got for $200 or $350 for both. They are the quick chargers. Great shape 1 of them comes with the bag. Thanks if you have any questions or are interested send me an email to [email protected]. Thanks.

Back