Charging at Nissan Dealerships.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
Dealers are either part of the Nissan network and mission or not. Nissan automatically tags ALL dealers on the Nav system; are dealers denying this reality or that they are a Nissan dealer?
No, Nissan put them on there, and advertised the snot out of the dealers having charging, but never bothered to contracturally obligate the independent dealers to provide the service. They thought the dealers would just do it out of the goodness of their hearts, I guess.

We should start a blacklist of dealerships that don't allow us to charge up and we should all not patronize them. And at the same time have a list of dealerships that do allow us to charge and those should be the dealerships we should buy from. There payback will be that there on the good list and will get more customers that will buy there accessories and services.

marccbr said:
We should start a blacklist of dealerships that don't allow us to charge up and we should all not patronize them. And at the same time have a list of dealerships that do allow us to charge and those should be the dealerships we should buy from. There payback will be that there on the good list and will get more customers that will buy there accessories and services.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3749: Dealers Who Offer Public Charging (and those who don't)

It needs updating with a few reports in threads like this one, positive and negative. I had hoped that there was no longer any need for such a list because Nissan had persuaded all the dealers to cooperate. For instance there was a report (unconfirmed) that Pacific Nissan is now allowing public charging.

I think the most important thing is that none of the lists of public charging stations, especially Nissan's Carwings list, should list any location that is not a public charging station - such as a dealer who won't allow customers of other Nissan dealers to charge.

walterbays said:
I think the most important thing is that none of the lists of public charging stations, especially Nissan's Carwings list, should list any location that is not a public charging station - such as a dealer who won't allow customers of other Nissan dealers to charge.

On my Navigator, it lists all the Nissan stations and gives details about each one, whether they are for all drivers or just their customers. I really didn't need any to get home, but happened to be close so I called after I saw it was for anyone's use and free. I believe all our Phoenix area dealer stations are open to anyone with some 24/7 and most being dealership operating hours.

The Pacific Nissan is "under new management" :twisted:

I think they got the message from my very vocal experience that not allowing someone to charge was a bad idea.

Back