Charger Timers on Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jont

Anyone else having trouble with timers....Leaf is my Second one and have never had to use timers as I was on flat rate. Now I am on an off peak rate it makes sense but I have read the Nissan Handbook, I have watched upteen videos but I cannot get the timers to work.. I have a Point Point 3 tethered which works well manually but as soon as I try to engage the timers in the car no charging takes place. Obviously the garage I use , as a cost, will look at it but will try solving first myself :(

I cant get the timer to tell me what days it is going to work. And the timer button next to the charge door button does not seem to do anything. I have a '22 S so no navigation. The manual says nothing abt cars without navigation. How can I know for sure it's going to work?

I cant get the timer to tell me what days it is going to work. And the timer button next to the charge door button does not seem to do anything. I have a '22 S so no navigation. The manual says nothing abt cars without navigation. How can I know for sure it's going to work?
Like mine, your S trim Leaf doesn't have a Navigation System, so your Charging Timer doesn't allow you to choose days. You can only set your START and END Times, and they will apply the same for each day, as long as you leave your Timer ON.

That button (see pic below) next to the charge door button is the the Immediate Charge Switch, which allows you to turn the Charging Timer off temporarily so that you can charge immediately.

1714708577288.png

Anyone else having trouble with timers....Leaf is my Second one and have never had to use timers as I was on flat rate. Now I am on an off peak rate it makes sense but I have read the Nissan Handbook, I have watched upteen videos but I cannot get the timers to work.. I have a Point Point 3 tethered which works well manually but as soon as I try to engage the timers in the car no charging takes place. Obviously the garage I use , as a cost, will look at it but will try solving first myself :(
What year is your Leaf? I've never had any issues with mine but not enough info on yours to make any sort of suggestion, just guesses. When you go into the charge timer menu, are you able to turn it on and then set the start and stop times?

Back