Charger access denied because of a Volt...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrradon

Went to the Seattle Auto show Saturday. Knew the garage "close in" parking had charging stations and knew the Volt and Ford EV's were giving test drives. Talked to a person on the phone that said, "Sure, only the Volt is left, you can use the other charger, but first come, first serve."
I get there, pay the $12 and can see the parking space next to the Volt. I ask the guy that took my $12 why there was a pylon in front of the second charger. His English was non-existent past asking for $12. I pull up to move the pylon and another worker rushes across to tell me the charging station is for the Volt, I point out that the second charging station is free, mention the ladies name I talked to but got no-where. I left.
I parked on the street, came back in and saw the Volt was gone...now two EV chargers blocked off with pylons.
Walked over to the Chevy booth, asked about the Volt and the EV charger, "Oh, the Volt is gone for the day. Go ahead and park there." So I asked about the pylon, they told me, "We are worried about someone parking next to it, they might hit the charging connector sticking out the side of the car." I had a pretty good laugh...I asked this lady who thought it was a good idea to put the charging port on the "SIDE" of the car, she responded, it was a styling choice.

At least the Leaf got one thing right.

Back