ChargePoint Deactivates Cards for no Reason..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thew

Today I found a Charger 60 miles from me on the ChargePoint Network. I was overjoyed. Then I deiced to check my CP account.. All is active and they still have funds for me.. However I notice that I have no cards registered with the system. I check MY cards # and the system says its not Valid.. I call CP and they tell me "huh, your card has been deactivated" I ask Why.. they dont know. Now that EVSE unit I want to use is in a area with no Cell Service.. So if I had just gone I would now find myself Stuck with no way to charge because I cannot Call CP at that location and have them turn it on Via MY Credit Card.. Also I can use a Different Card they will charge me if its RFID enabled.. And then ChargePoiint just gets to keep holding my Funds..

what Chaps my Hide is that CP did not Tell me the Card was not no good . I had to call them to find out.. And When I asked Why it was Deactivated they said they had no idea.. Worse yet I ask them to Reactivate my Card I have in Hand and they say they cant.. I must wait for them to Mail me a Card..

This Is Really Bad and Time we Told ChargePoint they need to get there Act together.. They Should never Deactivate a Card without First Warning us.. I was Almost Stuck 60 miles from home with now way to charge Parked at an EVSE Dock!!! UGG..

Beware of ChargePoint they may just deactivate your card with no warning at all! Very Bad Form.

thew said:
Today I found a Charger 60 miles from me on the ChargePoint Network. I was overjoyed. Then I deiced to check my CP account.. All is active and they still have funds for me.. However I notice that I have no cards registered with the system. I check MY cards # and the system says its not Valid.. I call CP and they tell me "huh, your card has been deactivated" I ask Why.. they dont know. Now that EVSE unit I want to use is in a area with no Cell Service.. So if I had just gone I would now find myself Stuck with no way to charge because I cannot Call CP at that location and have them turn it on Via MY Credit Card.. Also I can use a Different Card they will charge me if its RFID enabled.. And then ChargePoiint just gets to keep holding my Funds..

what Chaps my Hide is that CP did not Tell me the Card was not no good . I had to call them to find out.. And When I asked Why it was Deactivated they said they had no idea.. Worse yet I ask them to Reactivate my Card I have in Hand and they say they cant.. I must wait for them to Mail me a Card..

This Is Really Bad and Time we Told ChargePoint they need to get there Act together.. They Should never Deactivate a Card without First Warning us.. I was Almost Stuck 60 miles from home with now way to charge Parked at an EVSE Dock!!! UGG..

Beware of ChargePoint they may just deactivate your card with no warning at all! Very Bad Form.
Do you have a surplus of CapItaL LeTteRs that you are trying to use up?

suggest you get an rfid (tag) credit card for just this reason. stuck somewhere, need some juice, card for that charging network notwork.

Sounds like the eVGO situation I had this last weekend... RFID card was not around yet and they could not remote activate so...

Too bad...soo sad..

Be we get left in the dust

Back