CHARGEPOINT added to CARWINGS!!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

It appears the Chargepont chargers are finally showing up in Carwings nearby stations in thr Leaf.

God bless America! Took them long enough.

cdub said:
It appears the Chargepont chargers are finally showing up in Carwings nearby stations in thr Leaf.

God bless America! Took them long enough.

I just saw they have finally added a few in SF but they are all in expensive parking garages. I also noticed there is not a single EVSE on the coast north of Santa Cruise anywhere up CA. I hope they add a few so coastal driving is possible. SF to Santa Cruise is pushing it and there is no access to any of the North Bay costal areas.

Stupid question (I've only had my car a few days): do I have to manually update CarWings (how), or does it download automatically when I look for nearby chargers? I just finally figured out how to send "favorites" to my car.

Stanton said:
Stupid question (I've only had my car a few days): do I have to manually update CarWings (how), or does it download automatically when I look for nearby chargers? I just finally figured out how to send "favorites" to my car.

There should be an update stations on the carwings screen on the Leaf..

It should update on its own given enough time, but as noted above you can force a station update from the Carwings menu screen.

Yup. Yesterday I got a message screen that said 51 stations had been added to our Nav. CP seems to be the only one that can get anything done.

TRONZ said:
Yup. Yesterday I got a message screen that said 51 stations had been added to our Nav. CP seems to be the only one that can get anything done.

I had a instant update yesterday morning, 50+ stations

we just got an update yesterday that 30+ stations in our area had been added automatically. Nice to see it gaining some steam!

I used to get those all of them time... but when I actually checked... there was nothing new... today was different. Yay!

TRONZ said:
...CP seems to be the only one that can get anything done.
Not just more stations, and better mapping, but IMHO, superior hardware.
Locking the plug to the station when not in use prevents vandalism and keeps bugs from building a home in the end of the J-plug. Having an accurate kW reading on the display is a nice bonus.

I have found that such notifications can be a little deceiving... Even if they have only updated an existing station's info slightly, it still shows up the same as a new station... I recently had it say it had updated ten stations when in actuality, there was only one new station... There appears to be no displayed distinction during an update between stations that simply have had their data updated and stations which are completely new. Thus, there appears to be no definitive way to determine how many new stations there actually are without looking through the map and list, and doing a comparison before and after...

TRONZ said:

Yes, it says updated regardless of whether or not a station is new or, in fact, just has updated info. I've corrected my post to make that a little clearer...

garygid said:
Mine does NOT say Added, it says Updated.

EVDRIVER said:
I just saw they have finally added a few in SF but they are all in expensive parking garages. I also noticed there is not a single EVSE on the coast north of Santa Cruise anywhere up CA. I hope they add a few so coastal driving is possible. SF to Santa Cruise is pushing it and there is no access to any of the North Bay costal areas.
If you sign in to your ChargePoint account, you can request charger locations;

chargepointrequest.jpg

Don't forget to hit "Submit Location Request" button at the bottom of the page before you exit;

chargepointrequest2.jpg

TEG said:
TRONZ said:
...CP seems to be the only one that can get anything done.
Not just more stations, and better mapping, but IMHO, superior hardware.
Locking the plug to the station when not in use prevents vandalism and keeps bugs from building a home in the end of the J-plug. Having an accurate kWh reading on the display is a nice bonus.
Minor correction (but an important distinction): The CP station display shows kW (not kWh). Would be nice if it showed kWh at completion of charge session :) (Your account on their website will show this.)

Thanks for the update on the charger listings. No idea why this took so long.

KeiJidosha said:
If you sign in to your ChargePoint account, you can request charger locations;

Don't forget to hit "Submit Location Request" button at the bottom of the page before you exit.

This is pretty cool, I'll give it a whirl :)

Very few chargepoint stations were added in the greater Los Angeles area. All I could find were a couple at malls. Most of the available stations were not added. Very slow progress.

Back