CHARGED Electric Vehicles Magazine

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
I'm very happy to announce that CHARGED now appears to be flying off the presses. Get your print and digital subscriptions here, and let's help make it a huge success:

http://www.chargedevs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Attachments

• in_print.jpg
    in_print.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 357
mwalsh said:
I'm very happy to announce that CHARGED now appears to be flying off the presses. Get your print and digital subscriptions here, and let's help make it a huge success:

http://www.chargedevs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Preview of articles looks very interesting ... wish them well, hopefully it's a big enough audience, of course having your own car featured couldn't hurt!

voltcrazy said:
Looks like a good magazine, I just subscribed. I am looking forward to the iPad edition as well.
It's a little spendy... Granted, it is a "specialty" magazine, but ouch!

If the rest of your article is as inviting and interesting as the first page, Michael, you have a winner there. Nicely done!

As for the magazine, I'd been expecting that something like this would come along pretty soon, and this looks like a nice effort. And it is timed so as to capture some early-adopter experiences with the current small crop of EVs and focus on the newcomers over the next six months.

But, as others have said, too spendy for my tastes.

bradleygibson said:
Looks great!

But, :( no iPad version. It says coming soon--I'll be a subscriber when it arrives!

Waiting for the iPad edition as well. Then count me in.

BTW, what is the background of this journal? Who are the players behind it?

The design of the site is kind of busy, so I'm not sure if it's part of the name or a review or what...and I'm not sure what you call a tag line or subheading...but I like this part:

"EVS ARE HERE, TRY TO KEEP UP"

gbarry42 said:
The design of the site is kind of busy, so I'm not sure if it's part of the name or a review or what...and I'm not sure what you call a tag line or subheading...but I like this part:

Me too! Very cool slogan, and double meaning. Nice.

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the support.

Michael. Thanks again for your contribution. A great article. Honest and informative.

bradleygibson said:
Looks great!

But, :( no iPad version. It says coming soon--I'll be a subscriber when it arrives!

We're working hard on the tablet editions. Hopefully available around the same time the first issue ships (mid to late Dec).

Boomer23 said:
But, as others have said, too spendy for my tastes.

Sorry about that. This is a problem volume will fix. Hopefully sooner than later. We don't want to be a niche magazine for niche market. We want to be The magazine for a gigantic electric-auto market.

gbarry42 said:

Perhaps it is a bit busy. I have been staring at it for months, so I am a bad judge. We're going to add a of bunch more features and content areas soon, so we will be tidying up a bit as they roll out. "EVS ARE HERE, TRY TO KEEP UP" popped in my head one day. I'm glad you like it. I was afraid it was too cheesy. Slogans bug me sometimes.

BTW, what is the background of this journal? Who are the players behind it?

That would be me. Schooled in engineering. Worked in the electronics industry. Got into EVs about three years ago. Built a few custom EVs with friends. Last year I got to thinking about how no one covers the industry, or all the cool EV things that are happening, in the way that I - as an engineer and consumer - want the information provided to me. So I talked with some friends in publishing and CHARGED was born. Next year CHARGED Electric Vehicles Directory will be available to the industry.

Thanks again for the support and keep the critiques coming. We can handle criticism, appreciate your input, and want to make a great product!

Christian Ruoff

Back