certified preowned leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evcarbuyer

do you guys think having a leaf considered a "certified preowned" car by nissan worth an extra $1500 to the price of a 2012.

program includes as per nissan's press release:

In addition to the existing 8-year/100,000 mile* battery warranty coverage protecting against defects in materials and workmanship, and 5 year/60,000 mile* coverage for battery capacity loss below 9 bars of capacity as shown by the vehicle's battery capacity level gauge, Nissan will extend the EV system and powertrain warranty coverage to 7 years or 100,000 miles*.

• Comprehensive quality assurance vehicle inspection
• CARFAX® Vehicle History Report with 90-day CARFAX Buyback Guarantee ®
• 24-hour emergency roadside assistance
• A no-cost, three-month subscription to Sirius-XM Satellite Radio
• Car rental reimbursement
• Trip interruption coverage

thanks

I will leave the in-depth response to some of the member who are more tech-y, but the battery is going to be your main concern with a Leaf, rather than the power train, which is relatively simple compared to an ICE car. I don't think that an extended power train warranty is worth the money.

Now, what exactly does this mean: "Nissan will extend the EV system..."?

Looks like you're looking to buy...

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

i am in new jersey. i only drive a short distance to work, maybe 20 miles round trip. i'm really curious as another has pointed out what does "ev system" include.

The battery warranty applies regardless of 'certified' or not because it is transferable. The question of it is 5 yr/60k from date of your purchase or original purchase is a key as well as the already mentioned 'extension of the EV system'. If I had to guess on that it would be everything but the battery.

according to the nissan website the ev system coverage is:

Electric Vehicle (EV) System Coverage
The Electric Vehicle (EV) System includes, but is not limited to, the following items: Motor, Inverter unit, VCM, Reduction gear, DC/DC converter, Onboard charger, Onboard charger connector, and Trickle charge cable.

so if the original 5 year/60,000 warranty is transferrable i would be getting that warranty extended to 7 years/100,000 or 2019.

Back