Celebrity Test Drives of Leaf Today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chijayhawker

Hal Sparks is reporting that he is going to a "celebrity" test drive event in southern California today. I forgot what he said was the exact location. He also did not mention other celebrities that would be there. He's co-hosting on the Stephanie Miller show today, and Eddie Mclurg is going to join them today as well, and I believe both of them are future Leaf owners. So they will probably be talking more about it later once Eddie joins the show. Just an FYI. Maybe someone who lives in the area will be able to sneak over there and get some spy shots of the Leaf...and okay...the celebs too. :lol:

chijayhawker said:
Hal Sparks is reporting that he is going to a "celebrity" test drive event in southern California today.

I'm not familiar with this show. Any idea when/where the average person will be able to see this broadcast (either on TV or internet) ?

adric22 said:
I'm not familiar with this show. Any idea when/where the average person will be able to see this broadcast (either on TV or internet) ?

It's a radio show, I'm afraid. Plus, I doubt Hal will talk about it much again. He's only on radio once a week, that I know of, and doesn't blog beyond Myspace and Facebook. Bit of a waste of time giving him a go, to be frank. Or perhaps I'm just a bit pissy 'cause I emailed to ask him to take me with....and never never responded. :?

BTW, it's not a celebrity day, despite what Hal says. It's a media day, period. This is also me being just a bit pissy. My "friend" has her test drive today at 4:30pm, and she's no celebrity.

adric22 said:

Well, Hal is an EV advocate and he does a lot of appearances, not just nationwide, but worldwide. And the Stephanie Miller show has its own website (http://www.stephaniemiller.com/) which offer a podcast, but for a price. They do offer some of the show for free.

mwalsh - i guess it sucks being one of us average people, doesn't it? :| Hell, at least your close enough to go...I'm stuck up here in Chicagoland area where there is no word about when the Leaf will be showing up in this area. None of the Chicagolanders on this site have gotten a home assesment option yet. So how do we rate? :shock:

OMG! He's streaming live on the Internet!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/halsparkslive#utm_campaign=twitter.com&utm_source=4117504&utm_medium=social

Edit: Well, at least he was. Guess his phone quit. There are some nuggets of new information in the video he was able to put up though. Like I know where the USB and Aux jacks are now (pretty much where we expected them to be), and that the ICE has built in XM (did we always know that or not?)! :D

OK, so now I know exactly where the Leaf is when it's not being driven, or rather when it's being readied to be driven....they are staging the test drives from the Fairmont Miramar Hotel on Ocean. Unfortunately, I shot my wad looking for it yesterday, and doubt I can get up there again this week. Well, definitely not today anyhow.

Back