Carwings text messages - hour limitations?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTSkier

If you set text notifications up, is there a way to block it from sending during certain hours? The wife is getting woken up by the 4AM "done charging" texts.

I guess the first question I have is does the car need to be done charging at 4am? You could probably tweak the start time to get you done closer to the time you actually need the car. By then you'd be up, and your phone would be (presumably) not be sitting by the bed anymore. This also avoids having the car sitting at 100% charge for extended periods of time.

For me, that works out to be 1:10am to be done right around 6am, based on my usual daily discharge. You'd, of course, have to work out what start time would be best for you.

i shut off the phone.
you can also change the "ring" notification to something less intrusive.
or have it NOT send a text or email.
I get both.
the text goes BONG.
the email just makes a much quieter noise.

but i put the phone in another room.

On the IPhone, at least, you can assign a separate text tone for each contact. On mine, the Leaf notification number's text tone is set to "none". The phone still vibrates, but I sleep through that.

LTSkier said:
If you set text notifications up, is there a way to block it from sending during certain hours? The wife is getting woken up by the 4AM "done charging" texts.

Using Android stock Jelly Bean o/s, enable 'blocking'. This will prevent ringtone from firing when texts/emails are received during the blocked out time.

"When this mode is enabled, notifications for selected features will be disabled. You will only receive notifications of incoming calls from people on your allowed list."

Just turn off the phone while you sleep! Turning it off once-in-awhile (like once-a-day) "cleans up" any memory issues anyway.

Or (on android) use locale; you can set it to situationally change settings or whatever (for example you could set it to turn volume down after certain hours for texts from certain contacts, or except for certain contacts, or whatever)

If you have an iPhone, go to Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb. You can set a time were only calls/texts from your favorites list can ring thru during evening (or any other specified) hours. Or no calls or texts at all. Also, there's a preference that allows calls thru if there are multiple calls from the same caller within 3 min. of the first call. It's very useful if you are concerned about missing an emergency call, but still not wanting to be disturbed at night.

Back