Carwings Information Feed received - what is this?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnr

Today I received a Carwings Information Feed. This is the third time this happened, and I've had the car since last May. What happens is, suddenly on the screen is pops up, Carwings Information Feed. It appears to be playing an audio file which is silent for a few seconds and ends in a triple-tone. I can pause and replay the recording, but it is always the same: a few seconds of silence followed by that tone. I didn't have a camera when this happened, but I was able to locate the entries in Carwings history and play them back so I can take photos for you. Any idea what this is?

img1426sm.jpg
img1427sm.jpg
img1428sm.jpg

I didn't see your post the first time... I've had that happen too, but very rarely. I've no clue what it is.

I see that on my system also. Click on those "messages", completely silent....
I want to delete it

GeekEV said:
I didn't see your post the first time... I've had that happen too, but very rarely. I've no clue what it is.

surfsnow said:
I see that on my system also. Click on those "messages", completely silent....
I want to delete it

GeekEV said:

It's a new app from Homeland Security. Disregard. Move along citizen, there's nothing to be seen here ...

Actually I believe it to be a computer generated spam system which is pinging your system via the telematics connection when it (a " 'bot " actually) "discovers' it can't download to your address, it exits abruptly. Similar to those phone calls you receive on your cell phone that when you answer there is a a silence at the sending end and after a second or two a telemarketer comes on the line. I've gotten this a few times also, and have attempted to track back via the log, but accessing the internal log is beyond my capability, else we could find out the IP address or phone # where the telematics hit is coming from, go to see them -- probably in Ukraine -- and kill them.

Oh well.

Cheers,

Dave

Back