Carwings down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaslessInSeattle said:
carwings is down for us too! Nice one green charge!!! had a chilly car this morning :~(

Just posted a comment on the Xatori blog where they announced their GreenCharge app <http://xatori.com/blog/greencharge-launched-today>. It's moderated, so my comment hasn't appeared yet. I also sent a plea the "contact" link at the app's website <http://www.greenchargeapp.com>.

I hope they do something to fix the problem soon!

-Greg

DurkaDurka said:
TonyWilliams said:
Not looking good for GreenCharge.....

You think this is what blew it up? Strange for it to affect my car's cellular connectivity??
But it is not just your car, it is the system.

Yep, I'll bet money GreenCharge had something to do with it.

Bill

It indeed does look like GreenCharge is the culprit.

See the latest posts in: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7742&p=170661#p170661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As of 1PM Pacific time I am able to update status via the website.

Curious side note: Last night I tried to override my 80% timer by sending a Start request from the website. It seemed to hang, but a bit later I got a "Charging started" email. Wow, I thought, they have finally fixed that! Nope. When I looked closer I saw that it was really a message saying that my charging start request had failed. :(

Ray

Just to clarify, what I actually saw in my email inbasket was subject:
Nissan LEAF update: Start Charge Req...
When I opened the email I realized the full subject was
Nissan LEAF update: Start Charge Request Failed

Appears to still be down here. Update request failed.

I am not interested in stored data, or graphics, or such. But I do like to be able to communicate with the car and send nav destinations from google maps.

Bill

I had trouble yesterday afternoon around 2PM charging from 80 - 100%. What should have taken 1.5 hrs took 2.5 hours. From the BLINK screen it appears it stopped and then restarted a second time to complete the charge.

The annoying thing was I had a preheat scheduled that did not go through (the one time I didn't check )......had to drive into SEATTLE w/o any heat in 43 degrees!! :x

I am glad I searched for this thread. I was starting to think my CarWings was broken.

Since I had been working on a Windows Phone app, I had wondered if I had broken my connection with too many failed requests.

I just called. They said the there was a major power outage at the main center and they said it could be 2 days before Carwings is up and running again.

First 24 hours with my LEAF and carwings is still down here in Mass. Also called Nissan and they said the system would be down for an unspecified amount of time.

solardude said:
I just called. They said the there was a major power outage at the main center and they said it could be 2 days before Carwings is up and running again.

Holy sh*t! Are you KIDDING me?

Update of vehicle status via https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; worked once at 17:40 EST, and again at 19:11 EST for me in Chattanooga, TN.
Although on a try in between it did hang up and I had to logout and try again.
But tried to turn the HVAC on twice now at 19:45 EST and get communication error.
Seems a bit strange that it was able to get two status updates, and now HVAC on won't work.
Different servers for status update communication and HVAC communication?

This is on the Nissan Leaf FB page.

Nissan LEAF Owners: We are currently experiencing an outage with the CARWINGS™ service. We apologize for the inconvenience & will update you when CARWINGS™ is back online. - Nissan Social

CARWINGS™ is a service which makes car navigation systems more convenient by connecting them to mobile phones and does not affect the operation of the Nissan LEAF. For more information on CARWINGS™, visit:
Nissan LEAF CARWINGS | Nissan USA
http://www.nissanusa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nissan USA Official Website: Nissan LEAF™ CARWINGS Range

I two haven't been able to access Carwings since yesterday in the Bay Area, CA. Today at 11am I called Carwings customer support and they said they are having server issues. They took my info and said they will call me back within 24-48 hours to further trouble shoot since they expect their problems to be resolved on their end within that time frame.

On a separate issue (I hope) my Leaf failed to charge on a ChargePoint L2 pedestal in Pleasant Hill, CA on Monday the 30th. I drove to another location half mile away and it worked fine. I called ChargePoint customer service and complained of the error.

saywatt said:

Nissan LEAF Owners: We are currently experiencing an outage with the CARWINGS™ service. We apologize for the inconvenience & will update you when CARWINGS™ is back online. - Nissan Social

Info like this is why I love this forum. I never would have thought to check their FB page to verify that it is some sort of system problem.

Does anybody know if you can preheat without Carwings? (Manually from inside the car?)

j.

I was just thinking about that. I know there is a way is but have to look it up. I'm headed out to the garage to complete a 100% charge so I'll check it out.

jhm614 said:
saywatt said:

Info like this is why I love this forum. I never would have thought to check their FB page to verify that it is some sort of system problem.

Does anybody know if you can preheat without Carwings? (Manually from inside the car?)

j.

jhm614 said:
Plug the EVSE into the car. Start charge. Push start twice (no need for foot on brake). Climate control - push Auto, set temperature.

Bill

Back