CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the moment I put in a reservation for LEAF in 2010, through the current day, one thing remains constant. When it comes to information technology Nissan simply doesn't get it.

Nubo said:
From the moment I put in a reservation for LEAF in 2010, through the current day, one thing remains constant. When it comes to information technology Nissan simply doesn't get it.

At least they "get" electric cars :D

Stanton said:
Nubo said:

At least they "get" electric cars :D

Yep, which makes it all the more incongruous and frustrating. One part of Nissan sees the future and the other part obstructs it either deliberately or through ineptitude. It's like "The Company with 2 Brains".

redLEAF said:
EDIT: tried to reset on-board PIN and password before heading to work; still no luck

EDIT #2: so decided to call Nissan support; they were actually able to replicate the error on their side so now I have a case # and they'll call back when they have something else for me to try; did mention that at least initially it was working after the transition

Last update (from me anyway) on this just to close out my own experience which may or may not be the same as what others have seen due to model year of car, browser or mobile device used, etc.

- was on a trip that I just returned from over the last few days so since 10/2 had not tried; yesterday as if a miracle, the 'new' PIN, etc. provided worked in the car and it reconnected

- even though I gave Nissan CS my cell number to call me back once this was fixed; they never did (from logging and getting a case # back on 9/30); and now today I get an email asking how my experience was; not sure if the successful follow-up on my own prompted the follow up email but they'll never know

- as with others; the 'functions' (remote charger activation (if plugged in) and HVAC pre-condition) work again; all prior history is still GONE, perhaps to never return?

- one interesting aspect as I have an early model (a '12); they show the 3.6 and 6.6 charger rates (mine of course is the lower one) on the 'Approximate time to charge' panel but doesn't include the DC fast charge port which is included on my SL version you think they would know by VIN

Yeah I don't have that tab:

BHrNUAPF6wfl4zd4UEcH6at6vDbuezBSmg2KipCm-301rhEqDqcLg3WRjhW085JTy2jRG93BCGX5QiAzFePPQuMbXUp1wNYadEgx4Zvevy3gYhxUBaS59HeJJPgEQMVs1hkSgzYHgIuoYwAOIr_esoXMb6ed-MFWdRb18XxIUubNmtokfknwhVhffPN6rO4sSeMLFfhs0DlfGSGkUYvqXaz17-N2uFt5dQ46EY2-3Z1z75dHn2VRC0HWxqiPv-IgmYdjBOb3ybf2YLky9F6VeP4a2ACqpSr62HrEpvvuE3tHNxWYFBkY6zDt-8txftN0camgFH3nVVhrMXxG74HoUlqQAHLsceKFR_p6n-ZurYFD6vJ8YwY-JMPvp3dboTKEeHhgQm4SWGPwwE2icku_6DzRLonriZlnfEcwDJfeTtkOroxDLmlAhC5fAbhDaWmsMQ75h_Dp6cC2KlY-NvCP2m35uMgdxqZEycvM-JWebu4PkW5_T2YyglPaarTc_6P2FHuHQvP3jGDcBkieHBWEP7KM5qhiKo7jjmqo_NqNM7cq=w729-h197-no

JRoque said:
Hello Jeremy,

I'm not an expert by any means but this is what mine looks like:

Carwings1.png

You should see "select your vehicle" with your car's profile name in there. If you don't see that, you need to click "Add Vehicle". After that, click on the NissanConnect EV (CARWINGS) tab to see your battery and other status.

Thanks,
JR

I used to be able to view how many bars were lost remotely using that third party app.. leaf link. Can I not do this any longer in any app?

hillzofvalp said:
I used to be able to view how many bars were lost remotely using that third party app.. leaf link. Can I not do this any longer in any app?

Leaf Link just had an app update...and I'm happy to report it's working just like before!
However, you need to go in and set-up your "send to Leaf" Info Feed again to use that function (I do).

Apparently they screwed up the merge. Currently some (all?) new owners can't set up an account on the Owner Portal. When you try to accept the terms, after a delay, an error message pops up telling you to call the support #. I've had a call in for 5 days now. Every 2-3 days they call me back and say they're still working on it...

William

After all this nonsense with Carwings, I discovered today that Nissan Finance also launched a whole new site, and apparently didn't migrate any info over. I go to log in (because my bank says it can't get in anymore), and after putting in my old name and pw, it says to register for the new site, new username and pw, etc. Fine, I do that, now it wants address, Ok, now it wants my account number and SSN -- as in, nothing identifying me got transferred from the old account, I might as well be a new customer to them. I don't know my account number, and can't find it electronically since I get on-line statements, which I can't get to now. Hopefully I can find some old paperwork at home.

Hi. I'm not going to be very helpful to those that still have issues but I'd like to say that after a very rough start and some jumping through hoops, I'm now back to working 100%. I can see my data and everyone else's in the "worldwide" and "region" views.

To recap, I found one of the feeds missing from my profile after the migration. After adding that back in, my own data began to show up again and the car report (when you first start the vehicle) began to read my status, etc. To get the eco rankings back, I clicked the "Join" button to participate and later unsubscribed from it.

Perhaps I hadn't noticed before but now after the migration I see my data posted much quicker, sometimes within 15 mins of a trip. The website seems more responsive as well.

Regards,
JR

After frequent follow up calls from a nice lady in Nissan support, I finally got the call I expected all along.

"We're sorry, but it looks like we're not going to be able to restore your historical CARWINGS data prior to the cutover to Nissan Connect EV (Sept 29)."

So, 2500 miles of driving data is lost. No big deal. I did learn an important lesson. Whenever I hear anything from Nissan regarding a software update, I will download or capture whatever data I can before the update. I love my Leaf but shake my head at the ineptitude of their software services.

jimholtz said:
After frequent follow up calls from a nice lady in Nissan support, I finally got the call I expected all along.

"We're sorry, but it looks like we're not going to be able to restore your historical CARWINGS data prior to the cutover to Nissan Connect EV (Sept 29)."

So, 2500 miles of driving data is lost. No big deal. I did learn an important lesson. Whenever I hear anything from Nissan regarding a software update, I will download or capture whatever data I can before the update. I love my Leaf but shake my head at the ineptitude of their software services.

Try 10X as much data (my '12 was put into service in Dec '11; others even a bit older than that, car has close to 34K miles) but not at all surprised. The graphics are indeed different but at least it seems to be keeping the days since the car itself started to sync again. Here I almost thought that the 'allow to connect' message might only show up once a month than after each restart (just then newer models do that) but alas they kept that as-is on the earlier cars (perhaps would have required a local in-car firmware upgrade that Nissan wasn't concerned enough to do).

Wow. As a former Illini (grew up in Peoria, now in Seattle), I sympathize. I use my CARWINGS data to help make the case for how much money I save driving electric. My kwph cost is $.10. We're hydroelectric out here. I'd be p#ssed if I lost that much CARWINGS data. Not a plus for Nissan. Terminate your contract with your software development company and get somebody better.

Well it has started just today! Went to log in and URL not available Error 404!

Had to call the help line to get the connect to show my car, but the girl did an amazing job and had me up and running in 30 minutes, never had to enter new data in the car and all my history is intact so far!

As stated above it seems to be doing a far better job at keeping up with the dates for the logging.

Down note the new gui looks like crap IMO way too much white!, I liked the darker back ground and filled colours, was much easier on my eye's!

I just bought a car this week. When i log into the owners portal and try to register my car it gives an error. I called into nissan's help line and they said that the system lost the information about my car in the transition. The rep was helpful and gathered all the information from my car and said it would take upto 4 days to get it fixed. He is supposed to call back when it is setup. It is hard being patient ;)

I had the tab and now it is gone. Anyone else get around this?

irwinr said:
Yeah I don't have that tab:

BHrNUAPF6wfl4zd4UEcH6at6vDbuezBSmg2KipCm-301rhEqDqcLg3WRjhW085JTy2jRG93BCGX5QiAzFePPQuMbXUp1wNYadEgx4Zvevy3gYhxUBaS59HeJJPgEQMVs1hkSgzYHgIuoYwAOIr_esoXMb6ed-MFWdRb18XxIUubNmtokfknwhVhffPN6rO4sSeMLFfhs0DlfGSGkUYvqXaz17-N2uFt5dQ46EY2-3Z1z75dHn2VRC0HWxqiPv-IgmYdjBOb3ybf2YLky9F6VeP4a2ACqpSr62HrEpvvuE3tHNxWYFBkY6zDt-8txftN0camgFH3nVVhrMXxG74HoUlqQAHLsceKFR_p6n-ZurYFD6vJ8YwY-JMPvp3dboTKEeHhgQm4SWGPwwE2icku_6DzRLonriZlnfEcwDJfeTtkOroxDLmlAhC5fAbhDaWmsMQ75h_Dp6cC2KlY-NvCP2m35uMgdxqZEycvM-JWebu4PkW5_T2YyglPaarTc_6P2FHuHQvP3jGDcBkieHBWEP7KM5qhiKo7jjmqo_NqNM7cq=w729-h197-no

JRoque said:
Hello Jeremy,

I'm not an expert by any means but this is what mine looks like:

Carwings1.png

You should see "select your vehicle" with your car's profile name in there. If you don't see that, you need to click "Add Vehicle". After that, click on the NissanConnect EV (CARWINGS) tab to see your battery and other status.

Thanks,
JR

Received a call back from the tech help line. They said there are thousand of users calling in for help and they are just processing them manually in order. No idea when they will get to my ticket. Not the best first impression of Nissan carwings/connect.

zanthian said:
Not the best first impression of Nissan carwings/connect.

Agreed! The cutover was terribly executed.

Maybe it is precisely because so many users are knocked out of the system, but performance has improved from before and data is loaded, many times, within minutes of a trip. I would recommend their chat support system since is it real-time and they were able to fix my issues without much fuzz.

Regards,
JR

Rather than wrangle with a helpdesk, I just waited a couple of weeks. Now it's working fine. Or, I should say, as well as ever.

If you're light-sensitive you may want to turn your screen brightness down;

white-space being

the current fashion

in web...........................................................................design.

Back