CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edatoakrun said:
Looks like Nissan wiped out all driving history.

Anyone able to see any, or able to download the ERS data from September, or any previous months?

I would think they'll bring over your history, give a few days; the key for me for the car to accept the car specific one you generate on the web (you'll never use this again, unless the car somehow needs a reset) PIN and password was to 'clear' the old one completely and then enter in the new one; after doing so it connected immediately the first time after; refreshed but using same smart phone app, updated my log-in on my home PC; no issues other than only current state of charge available, no other history (yet) ... Nissan sent out another email warning 'FINAL NOTICE' on this change; will assume other countries come later when people get notified but just a guess

redLEAF said:
.. Nissan sent out another email warning 'FINAL NOTICE' on this change;
I'll have to check my notification settings..
Never received any e-mails about this..
Might be something I told Nissan to not e-mail me or something tho...
(I do get e-mail (or are they SMS? Not sure now) notifications when my charge is complete..)

desiv

desiv said:
DiamondDan73 said:
Now when I "send my ID and password" it comes back with to use carwings service, you need to create an account.
Probably do just need to wait.. (I hate waiting.. )
Just for clarity, the "ID and password" you mention are the PIN (for user) and password you got once you logged into the new website and accepted the terms of agreement?

desiv

Yes I am using the PIN for user name and the password that I got when I accepted the new agreements.

Very vexing today. Moving to the Nissan Owners portal means I have a new login (I was asked to use my e-mail for this) and password. Now, in the car, following the step-by-step instructions above, the car will not accept the last character ("m") of my e-mail, which is [email protected]. So, of course, the login to connect from the car fails.

I'm going to have to be away from the car for several days; it's the car my wife drives. Because I can't seem to get this sorted out today, she's going to have to do without the features she depends on. It's not a customer-friendly development!

Quote from desiv: "Just for clarity, the "ID and password" you mention are the PIN (for user) and password you got once you logged into the new website and accepted the terms of agreement?"

Question for desiv: The sentence above makes it sound as if a PIN was set up for you by the web page. When I went through all this, I understood that for a "PIN" they wanted me to use my e-mail address. That's what I log in with now on the Nissan Owners' site. Did I miss something? It matters because the car won't accept my e-mail address as a "PIN" -- it stops taking input after sixteen characters.

Typical Nissan garbage software. Went to change my ID for the new portal, it listed my email address so I went with it. Now the system claims to not recognize my email address (the one THEY presented to me), and the old logon is no longer valid. Can't be a typo because I just selected the option they gave me. Way to go, Nissan. Online chat is useless as always.

And this is completely baffling:

"NissanConnectSM EV PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match
Your NissanConnectSM EV PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your NissanConnectSM EV PIN and Password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the NissanConnectSM EV functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help."

raleedy said:
Very vexing today. Moving to the Nissan Owners portal means I have a new login (I was asked to use my e-mail for this) and password. Now, in the car, following the step-by-step instructions above, the car will not accept the last character ("m") of my e-mail, which is [email protected]. So, of course, the login to connect from the car fails.

I'm going to have to be away from the car for several days; it's the car my wife drives. Because I can't seem to get this sorted out today, she's going to have to do without the features she depends on. It's not a customer-friendly development!

You are suppoed to use the pin as your user name (not your email address) and the password from nissan. If you go to the owners portal and look at your car the pin and pasword are there. Before you enter them, reset all settings in carwings. enter the pin and password. You should be all set.

raleedy said:
And this is completely baffling:

"NissanConnectSM EV PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match
Your NissanConnectSM EV PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your NissanConnectSM EV PIN and Password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the NissanConnectSM EV functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help."

I had this same problem. You need to reset you carwings setting to defult and then enter your pin and password.

raleedy said:
:The sentence above makes it sound as if a PIN was set up for you by the web page.
Good, because it should have been. ;-)
raleedy said:
When I went through all this, I understood that for a "PIN" they wanted me to use my e-mail address.
You use your e-mail address to log into the new Nissan page (or new to Leaf owners).
But once in there, you accept some agreements on the NissanConnect tab and you get a new PIN and Password to put into your Leaf's console.
(In the Carwings settings page as described in the step-by-step above (the FAQ style post-Wow. By "above" I mean the first post of page 6. Lots of posts in this thread!! ;) ))

You use your e-mail (and previous Carwings password) for the web page and the mobile Carwings app.

desiv

desiv said:
raleedy said:
:The sentence above makes it sound as if a PIN was set up for you by the web page.
Good, because it should have been. ;-)
raleedy said:
When I went through all this, I understood that for a "PIN" they wanted me to use my e-mail address.
You use your e-mail address to log into the new Nissan page (or new to Leaf owners).
But once in there, you accept some agreements on the NissanConnect tab and you get a new PIN and Password to put into your Leaf's console.
(In the Carwings settings page as described in the step-by-step above (the FAQ style post-Wow. By "above" I mean the first post of page 6. Lots of posts in this thread!! ;) ))

You use your e-mail (and previous Carwings password) for the web page and the mobile Carwings app.

desiv

I accepted the agreement but didn't see a Pin and Password. Is there a way to pull that up again?

Darrenf said:
I accepted the agreement but didn't see a Pin and Password. Is there a way to pull that up again?
Yep, 2 ways (1 for sure).
1st, you can click the NissanConnect tab again, and it should have instructions with that info.
But it might have an error message or have the instructions with no info. ;-)

The other way is the click "Edit Vehicle" on the info about your car.
It should show up on the right of the window that pops up with all the info..

desiv

desiv said:
Darrenf said:
Yep, 2 ways (1 for sure).
1st, you can click the NissanConnect tab again, and it should have instructions with that info.
But it might have an error message or have the instructions with no info. ;-)

The other way is the click "Edit Vehicle" on the info about your car.
It should show up on the right of the window that pops up with all the info..

desiv

Neither of those options are available to me. Catch 22 since I still can't add my car, as the VIN isn't being recognized.

dvt5xe.jpg

RedLeaf, My tirade was not directed at you, but rather at Nissan. My apologies for that. OP was meant to be original post (not poster).

We live in a world where companies such as Google, Nest & Tesla have made technology dead simple. Guess Nissan falls a few notches below that.

Here's what I had to do to get past the "call this number" error:
- look at the new pin and password via the "edit vehicle" screen
- enter that into the car
- go back and look at the edit-vehicle screen again
- the ID had now changed to my old one, and a different password!
- enter that info into the car

After that, I was able to access carwings via the web, see my charge, etc. But I cannot get the app working. It asks me to add a vehicle. When I try entering my VIN, I get an error saying it is somehow invalid. Anyone having that problem? Shouldn't my car just show up after logging into the app?

Ugh. Utter crap! All this just to get back the functionality I had Monday.

Ah! I read the original post. Looks like the original app still works, and the new EV one is still not available. I was trying to use the NissanConnect one. So I guess I'm back in business.

Back