Carwings / AT&T 2G down in New Orleans?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl

I have had my Nissan leaf for about a year and connecting to Carwings was always spotty. AT&T's 2G service was not widely dispersed throughout New Orleans. I seldom could use it to turn on charging or climate control where I parked regularly. However connectivity was enough that my car would update my mileage and use to the Nissan website. Albeit sometimes I would have to take a special trip to an area active using http://opensignal.com/network-coverage-maps/att-coverage-map.php or http://www.sensorly.com/map/2G-3G/US/USA/ATandT-Mobility/gsm_310410# coverage as a guide to which parts of our city AT&T 2G was still active if I didn't pass these areas in my weekly commutes.

However for the last week or so, I am no longer able to connect to Carwings. I have gone to several different areas of the city and nearby cities which should be active. I have tried pulling fuse F34 to reset the TCU and I have tried resetting the Carwings settings in the computer back to their defaults and now need to sign back into the service. However I cannot find a signal to do so.

I am wondering if AT&T pulled the plug on the 2G service in our area or if something has happened to my vehicle in particular. Has anyone else experienced this problem in other areas or in New Orleans?

AT&T has been disabling 2G for a couple years now and will be done with their upgrade (i.e. shut it all off) by the end of this year. So it doesn't surprise my if they finally upgraded all the towers in your area.

I still get it in about half my normal area.

I did find one spot in New Orleans that AT&T 2G is still working. This made me feel a bit better as I know now the lack of connectivity is not a problem with my car. I guess I will try to change my route once a week or so to go through there to update my info so I can check stats online...

Back