Carwings account deleted during my vacation?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrink

I hope someone here can help me out. I returned from an 8 day vacation a couple days ago for the first time with the LEAF. The LEAF just sat in my garage unplugged while away. While away, I would login a few times to check charge status via the iPhone app sporadically to check charge status. I was just curious if the battery would lose any charge while sitting idle.

Anyway, I checked in maybe twice during the first 4 days while I was away, then suddenly on day 4 or 5 I tried to login via the app and got a message saying, "Carwings set up not complete. Please log in to owner's portal website for instructions."

Well, that message didn't make any sense to me. I had obviously been using Carwings without any issues for the 3 months I had the car.

At that point, I just waited until I got home. I logged in to the owner's website and instead of a "Launch Carwings" option, something like setup Carwings was listed instead. My original Carwings account apparently was no longer recognized. I clicked through and it took me to a consent screen. Thinking there may be new terms or something while I was away, I accepted the terms and figured I'd get my old vehicle PIN back, but it then generated a new PIN and passcode for the car. I then turned on the car, went to Carwings, and my original vehicle PIN and password were still in the car. There is an option in the car to login to Carwings using that original PIN and it did do successfully.

So, the problem is when I login to the website via the owner's portal or my iPhone app, my original vehicle PIN is no longer recognized and I am asked to complete the setup with a new vehicle PIN. However, the car itself still has the original vehicle PIN and password which Carwings still apparently recognizes.

I am reluctant to enter the new PIN because I don't want to lose the Carwings data I've had since buying the car. Any ideas how I can get the original vehicle PIN recognized via the owner's login and my iPhone?

Carwings customer support was not very helpful. I was told that "somehow a new PIN was generated for the car and we don't know how or why." I told them the old PIN inexplicably seemed to disappear when not using the car while on vacation.

My Carwings connection went "stupid" about 3 weeks after I took delivery of the car 8/31. Nissan and a local dealer went round and round about whether I needed a firmware update. They finally decided that I didn't need it, but that the Carwings server lost my VIN. They reloaded it and now I can do anything that originates from the car, such as "update stations" but still can't get the PC Portal or my Android App to do a status update, or set Climate Control, or exchange charging messages.

Sure glad I don't pay for Carwings ... when that rolls around, I'll be happy to drop it unless the get it working much more reliably.

Back