CARWINGS™ now you see it now you don't ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyAmes

It is so frustrating that Carwings was working fine and a few hours later when I log on get, "CARWINGS™ PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match."

Nothing was changed in the car nor any computers used to access so I was wondering is this happening to any other Leaf owners?

This is the second time in 4 months Nissan as lost or dumped my account some how.
What hassle and a pain to lose my history and settings and call CS again.

Seems to now become an ongoing issue and now question the reliability of the service, especially since were going to have to pay for it after the term expires to continue to use.

Danny

Your CARWINGS™ PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your CARWINGS™ PIN and password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the CARWINGS™ functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help.

My Carwings stopped working about a month ago. I took it to a dealer thinking it needed a firmware update. After talking with TechLine in Japan, he told me that my VIN had dropped out of the system. They reloaded it, created a new Carwings account, and now everything originating from the car seems to work fine. But my Android app won't let me log in. I use the same name/pw combination that I use for the Owners' Forum, which is what they told me to do, but no luck. They're working on it!

DannyAmes said:
It is so frustrating that Carwings was working fine and a few hours later when I log on get, "CARWINGS™ PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match."

Nothing was changed in the car nor any computers used to access so I was wondering is this happening to any other Leaf owners?

This is the second time in 4 months Nissan as lost or dumped my account some how.
What hassle and a pain to lose my history and settings and call CS again.

Seems to now become an ongoing issue and now question the reliability of the service, especially since were going to have to pay for it after the term expires to continue to use.

Danny

Your CARWINGS™ PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your CARWINGS™ PIN and password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the CARWINGS™ functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help.

I could login with my droid but not with my computer. Took me a month to figure out why: here's what I discovered. I had bookmarked the BRITISH LEAF site on my laptop, so when I tried to login it couldn't find me. What finally gave it away was the "UK" in the URL. Could this be happening to other people who can't get carwings to work?

An update on my Carwings situation. After 2 months of Customer Service calls, and various tests, Nissan finally decided I needed a new TCU. So they called my dealer and asked them to order one. It took them a few more weeks to figure out the part number, but they got it ordered (from Japan) and it arrived this week. I took the car in two days ago, and after they installed it, the unit still didn't work. I called Tech Support, who called the dealer, and they determined that the local tech loaded the dara incorrectly to the server. After undoing that and reloading everything, they called this afternoon and it all appears to be working, so I'll pick up the car in the morning. I just hope the firmware is current!

I haven't posted it anywhere here before, but my car stopped communicating w/ CARWINGS late in the summer and after a few hours' diagnosis at my dealer, Victory Nissan, they ordered a new TCU. I took the car back a couple weeks later or so when the part arrived. Took them another few hours to install (it's a new car for them too), but everything was done right and CW has worked fine ever since.

All under warranty and no other problems needing dealer service have occurred in almost 8k mi.

My solution to this ongoing (and I mean ongoing) problem is to go to login information within Carwings (in the car) - click on the fields for username and password - do not retype them - just click on them and then the next/okay. It will then go and connect to the center and activate your account. Sometimes it takes more than one time. And sometimes, I have to power down the car in between attempts.

This Carwings is executing so poorly - what with unable to turn on or off heat, lost login information, "some sort of error" messages etc that it is really turning me off of the car and the Nissan brand.

Where are the fixes?

I don't know if there were any workarounds that would have made mine work. I don't use those features much, but the periodic downloading from information center (or whatever the display is in the upper left corner when you embark) would result in a fail, as would manual attempts to launch CW. My dealer replaced the entire TCU unit or module, whatever that includes. I was told it includes the display screen. Also, sometimes the open/close of the display would not work and it would stop at an odd angle and be stubborn to close back flush. I don't use that much either, and just discovered the problem when showing the car to friends. Anyway, I think that's fixed now too. When I got the car back all the settings were the same (timers, etc.), if I remember correctly. Except for the trips to the dealer and unavoidable process of a getting a loaner, etc., it was pretty painless.

Just wish it had done it closer to 7500 mi. I'm overdue to rotate tires and I think I'd rather take it in than figure how to rotate without a spare or jack. :roll:

aleph5 said:
Also, sometimes the open/close of the display would not work and it would stop at an odd angle and be stubborn to close back flush.
Actually, that is a feature, not a bug. That is to adjust the angle of the screen. To change it, hold the open/close button for five (?) seconds, and it will go to the next angle. After the last one, the next press/hold will return it to flush.

Just confirmed with my dealer that my LEAF needs a firmware upgrade. I'm taking it in Thursday.

Current symptoms are:

1. Unreliable TCU communication. Sometimes I connect to the server, sometimes I don't. Lost driver history in CARWINGS from mid-Nov to mid-Jan. Started collecting driver history again only when I re-authenticated to CARWINGS, however, I never got an indication from the car that it had a problem. The old firmware supposedly locks you out after X number of failed connection attempts. New firmware shouldn't do this.

2. Unable to download CARWINGS Information Feeds. Sometimes I get an "Updated" message, sometimes a connection failure. But in no case am I able to get new feeds into the car.

Will update when the firmware update is complete.

Back