Car-Wings without wings!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel

I've been trying to get car wings going, but so far, no luck. When i first registered for Carwings, at https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I got the error that my car VIN was invalid. After calling support at Nissan, I was given a pin and password, and a link to my Leaf magically appeared on the owner portal.

When I registered for car-wings on the Leaf dashboard, it said it successfully contacted the server, signed in, and said I was now ready to use the service.

However, when going to the Nissan portal, I now get the error

CARWINGS™ PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match.
Your CARWINGS™ PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your CARWINGS™ PIN and password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the CARWINGS™ functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help.

After contacting support, I get different stories. One agent tells me I need to go back to the dealer and get the TCU re-programmed. The other agent said she escalated the issue to their internal tech support, but I've not heard anything from Nissan since.

I am going to the dealer next, since nothing seems to be working. The VIN is the same on the dashboard car-wings display and online. Anyone else run into this sort of issue?

I believe that the support person telling you to get the TCU reprogrammed was sending you on a wild goose chase. There was an update LAST year that affected the car's ability to stay connected, but it had nothing to do with access on the web site. There have been many people on the board complain about the "CARWINGS™ PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match." The problem is in the website, not your car.

Had my Leaf 3 weeks and have yet to get anything working...

At this point I really don't even care to use any of it.

and I thought OnStar sucked....

Back