Car wings plan cost

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, how much does Nissan charge you for the carwings program after the free subscription period ends?Is it a one time payment or is it an annual subscription?

I was thinking about this just yesterday - I'm pretty much over Carwings (the part you get when you "launch Carwings" from the portal page - detailed daily stats, rankings etc.), but I will be extremely chapped if the basic ability to retrieve the car status (bars, plugged in or not, charging or not) from the web or a phone becomes pay to play.

They should be paying us to use that and the poor Nav/telematics. I'm going to bet Nissan ditches everything in the center of the dash in the next 1.5 years for a real system.

rawhog said:
Nissan cs people do not know yet. It's been asked many times. All I have ever gotten was that they would have it figured out by the time the 3 years free is up.
True that they have no pricing scheme for the USA yet, but as has been posted in other discussions about this, the Carwings subscriptions in Japan are priced at $28/yr. for a basic service, $41/yr. for a premium service, plus a $1.55 per-transaction charge for downloading route information, according to this document. Not sure how that would be modified for the USA market, but I doubt I would buy it for any price, or certainly no more than $10-12/yr.

TT

Back