Car Loan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maple

I went to my local credit union to be pre approved for their promotional 2.99 % on New Vehicles and was told that although I qualified, my LEAF did not meet their criteria for New Vehicle Status ! I left and was just going to go elsewhere, but my curiousity got the best of me so I called the head of the loan department and left a message for a return call, asking for their reasoning. They did finally call me back and apologized, and said that their underwriter researched the vehicle and "oh yes, we will be more than happy to write this vehicle for you".

Ordered 10/3. Dashboard pending> May >pending>May 2>May 20
Blink charger being installed April 20.
EV project. Black
Salem Oregon

I'm only commenting because I thought it was strange to have a thread about a loan in the accessories and modifications section. That must be a serious mod if you need a loan.

palmermd said:
I'm only commenting because I thought it was strange to have a thread about a loan in the accessories and modifications section. That must be a serious mod if you need a loan.
Home Level 3 DC Quick Charger installation! :eek: :shock: :eek:

Seriously, Tech CU Credit Union has a Fuel $mart Auto Loan good for a 0.30% rate discount.
Fuel $mart Auto Loan (formerly Green Car loan): At Tech CU, we support an eco-friendly approach to car buying, and we know it’s important to encourage fuel efficiency, so we’ve expanded our Green Car Loan program into our new Fuel $mart Loan program. It’s simple—buy a hybrid car or a vehicle that gets 30 MPG Highway as determined on http://www.fueleconomy.gov and receive a .30% rate discount off our regular New Auto Loan rate and Used Auto Loan rate.

For anyone else looking for loans in this thread, I checked several credit unions (local to Silicon Valley and otherwise) and found the best rate to be 2.49% at Valley Credit Union (http://www.valleycu.org/) and PenFed (http://www.penfed.org/).

I went with VCU since they have a local office in Santa Clara. I opened an account and got my loan pre-approval all in one visit while I waited.

I was in a hurry (at the time) because I had suddenly received my "your car will arriving within the next seven days" email from Nissan. That was last Thursday. Since then, my dashboard date has slipped twice...

Car loans can be refinanced, an choice you may want to consider if your unique loans are not particularly ideal. Those conditions may involve an amount that is too high or a mortgage duration that is very long. Whatever the factors you want to remortgage, a car mortgage can be refinanced much in the same way a home can be refinanced. Study on and we'll discover your alternatives.

Laura23 said:
Car loans can be refinanced, an choice you may want to consider if your unique loans are not particularly ideal. Those conditions may involve an amount that is too high or a mortgage duration that is very long. Whatever the factors you want to remortgage, a car mortgage can be refinanced much in the same way a home can be refinanced. Study on and we'll discover your alternatives.
I got a 2.74% rate at my University Credit Union. I told this to the finance director when I bought the car and Nissan matched the rate. I still wonder if they would have given me a 1.99% rate had I told them that was my CU rate.

Just an FYI. Anyone in Santa Clara County, Star One Credit Union has up to a 7 year loan at 2.5%. Starone.org

Back