Cannot close orange charge port lid or insert charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2THDOC

Today was the first time I used a public charging station. I pressed the charge port lock switch and inserted the charger. I came back, pressed the unlock switch and went on my way. When I got home I could not insert the charger or close the charge port lid. I have never used the lock switch and am wondering if I did something wrong. I tried every position of the switch and even turned the screw that is accessed from the hole in front of the hood latch. I can't figure out why the orange charge port cover can't be latched. Anyone else have this problem? 2013 Leaf S.

If the car was left unattended while charging, it may have been damaged by someone else. Hopefully your dealer is familiar with the Leaf.

BTW, it's called a "charging plug" and the piece of equipment that provides the power to the car's charger is called a "charging station" or "EVSE." The actual charger is built into the car. The only thing outside the car that can be accurately called a "charger" is the DC fast Charger or "QC" station.

This thing isn't mysterious.
Get down in there and look at it.
figure out if something is stuck in there.
What is blocking the cover from closing.

Maybe some piece came off of the public EVSE and is stuck in your J1772 socket?

Let us know.

That's exactly what happened! Before I was able to read your post, I took the car to the dealership and they found that a cylindrical sleeve from the public EVSE had remained in the port. Returned the part to the business where the EVSE was and problem solved. Thanks Killa What.

Back