Canceling CarWings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrys3255

I find that CarWings appears to be mainly a marketing device for Nissan where they can get consumer data.
The charging stations shown are mainly Nissan Dealers and there does not seem to be any other important use of this inherently good idea. Commercial charging stations are not shown and even the basic updating is too infrequent to be useful.
I am therefore unenrolling from CarWings so as not to have to press "Decline" each time the car starts.

Larry

Let us know how that goes. My money says the question will still come up every time.

P.S. I don't think it's marketing data as much as performance and usage data for use in future design...plus if it worked as advertised it could be a good tool for us drivers.

davewill said:
Let us know how that goes. My money says the question will still come up every time.....

Given that the data supplied by CarWings is a joke, expect to see a stampede of cancellations should it be proven that the 'Accept' screen goes away.

I figure most of the potential for carwings is down the line when the charging stations actually get filled out. It does seem that the stations are proliferating faster than Nissan is bothering to update and that is dissappointing, though I really don't have much of a use for charging outside the home until they are up and down the highway and I can plan long trips. I do find carwings useful for going from 80% to 100% charge via my phone and I think the being able to start up climate control remotely is also cool

As for that pesky message, hmm, it is kind of a pain but as an early adapter I actually take some pride in letting them track my user data and figure it will help them in understanding how these critters get used int he wild and what our needs really are. I'm guessing no one had done the kind of research that is now being done on drivers. I'll put up with saying OK to that message until the EV project is over, then i'll start griping, for now, I don't really think about it, I just hit the screen habitually.

g

Will you lose your ability to post on My Nissan Leaf. com?

If you do, we'll never know. :roll:

How is clicking accept a pain? Every single car I've owned with Navigation had made you click accept.

Get over it you lazy bums!

cdub said:
How is clicking accept a pain? Every single car I've owned with Navigation had made you click accept.

I guess my excuse is that this is the first car I've owned that had nav, so I've never had to click before. It also irritates me that the 'connecting to Bluetooth' message stops you from clicking accept for precious seconds. Bottom line, if I could make it go away, I would. And since CarWings is pretty much useless to me I would make that trade.

HIOJim said:
cdub said:

I guess my excuse is that this is the first car I've owned that had nav, so I've never had to click before. It also irritates me that the 'connecting to Bluetooth' message stops you from clicking accept for precious seconds. Bottom line, if I could make it go away, I would. And since CarWings is pretty much useless to me I would make that trade.

no excuse necessary, it IS a pain

I'm glad to let Nissan have my data and develop an EV fleet, but accepting every single time...

I'll be interested in what the unenrollers have to say

Indeed -- please do let us know if that gets rid of the Lawyer Prompt.
If it does, I'd drop out of Carwings too. I don't care about stats, and will always be "Blonze" anyway.

The combination "OK" plus Bluetooth "Got you locked up" screen is a pain because this is the very moment you are likely to want to use the Nav screen for Nav or music setup.. you just turned the car on, and you're waiting to drive.

Hell, ask me when I'm waiting at the first stoplight when I have nothing better to do than hit OK.

cdub said:
I still think it's a silly thing to complain about.
+1. What's the big deal? Push the button.

When they start trying to charge me monthly for this POS interface in 3 years, that's when I'll complain.

TT

ttweed said:
cdub said:
I still think it's a silly thing to complain about.
+1. What's the big deal? Push the button.
You don't even have to do that. I just ignore the prompt and press a button to bring up what I want to show on the screen (which is generally the energy use screen).

Bumping the steering wheel "Charge Map" button twice is now my preferred start. It doesn't get buggered up by the Bluetooth message, and it's easier to do without looking.

GroundLoop said:
Bumping the steering wheel "Charge Map" button twice is now my preferred start. It doesn't get buggered up by the Bluetooth message, and it's easier to do without looking.

+1

Note, however, that this is the same as pressing NO to the agree screen...

GroundLoop said:

Stoaty said:
I just ignore the prompt and press a button to bring up what I want to show on the screen (which is generally the energy use screen).
As dubious as some of the Carwings data is, I have found some utility in it and don't mind having my car communicate with Nissan and collecting it. As long as the service is free, I will put up with the minor inconvenience of pushing the button on startup.

YMMV,
TT

GroundLoop said:
mogur said:
Note, however, that this is the same as pressing NO to the agree screen...
Even better!
I can almost reach it with my middle finger.
:twisted:

Back