Can I change the Blink cable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

I do not know if this has been addressed but I need to switch out the Blink charging cable for a 25' length

SAE J1772 looks like it is accessible, how is the cable attached inside the J1772 is the cable soldered or screw type terminals?

Would this mod be difficult, and what type of cable do I need?

Thanks

I am not sure on your blink unit. On my unit though the screws for the cord are just screwed into a junction block. So the cable can be easily changed. I imaging they all are like this. There should be a junction block for the house wires to connect to, and then the block on the opposite side for the cable wiring. Never hurts to just pop the cover off to take a look. Just be careful in doing so, and shut off the breaker to the charger.

That I do not know. I thought the charge handle was permanently mounted to the end of the cable. I just thought it was a whole assembly. I took the cord off my SPX charger when I was putting it in just to make it easier as the cable is so heavy it was inconvenient to lug it all around, and I put it back on afterwards. My handle on that is one piece, but I have seen the home made ones that have screws on the charge handle where it can be taken apart. I would think it would be lugs in the handle as well. As soldering would not hold up to holding the heavy cord, and abuse.

Brightonuk said:
What about the J1772 and which type cable
I wouldn't take the plug off the cable if it were me. There are plenty of folks on the forum in the market for a 30a J1772 cable assembly (search for Open EVSE), so I would buy a new 25' assembly and sell the old one whole.

Back