Can Blink EVSE supply enough juice to BMW ActiveE charger?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
Actually, the LEAF does not taper off at 95% but you are sort of close on that point.

Ingineer said:
I have yet to see my Leaf charge to over 95% SOC EVER! This is the true SOC reported by the Battery ECU, and not what's shown on the dash or in carwings, that number is "faked".

-Phil

My results are based upon what Gary's SOC meter reports, which are "gids"/281. I never look at what is on the dash or Carwings. I definitely see my Leaf's charge rate start to taper down at about 95% as displayed on the SOC. Perhaps the taper starts a little earlier, but that is about the point I notice the decline in the charging power as reported both by the SOC meter and my TED unit.

Those of us who find Gary's display very useful are aware that we are not sure exactly what it reports. For example, I am not sure the "gids" are temperature-corrected, and we are not at all sure that every one % from the top to the bottom has the same energy. We do see the display often reach a maximum of 100% right when the car stops its charging to "100%." At the lower end others have reported the "gids" very close to zero as the car reaches Turtle. That is good enough for me.

Right now the rest of us do not have access to the "true" SOC reported by the Battery ECU. If this latter reading never goes over 95%, it would be less useful to me than the "gids", which appear to span the actual battery range the car grants the driver.

1ab4db9e.jpg

68642783.jpg

Yeah, that's the same crappy Lear EVSE GM used on the Volt (repackaged a bit), and it's also used on the Fisker Karma.

16awg cable, not that well made, not even UL listed!

-Phil

TomT said:
Yes, note it says "Conforms to UL standards", not UL Listed...

Ingineer said:
not even UL listed!l

I like to say that I conform to presidential standards... Over 35. I'm just not listed or certified.

(actually, I'm don't really meet the standard; I wasn't born in the USA, but now Donald Trump has convinced me that I could in fact be born in Kenya, and still sit in the WH)

Back