Can´t remove parking gear

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeph555

Hi all,

so last week bought a Nissan Leaf from 2016. After some maneuvers realized that my muscular memory selects the drive gear as if it were a the reverse gear and vice-versa. I know it happen to many of us as well after reading some topics. So I decided to switch the pinout on the gear selector according to a forum post but after unplugging the plug and checking the documentation and color code saw that the color identification wasn't correct so I put it all together (without any changes) and reassembled the arm rest console.
After this I tried to run the car but it didn't change from the parking gear and a bunch of codes appeared on leaf spy.
Did the DTC cleanup and they came again.
I have no ideas to solve this.
Checked all the fuses and were ok as well. Removed the ground cable connection from the 12v battery to see if the behavior disappeared but no success.
I did the disassembly of the gear selector while the car was turned off but the 12v battery was connected.
Some pictures with the errors:

Any other ideas?

The first suspect is the 12V battery, if it is old, weak or worn then you can get a lot of DTCs. Replace or recharge it fully.

Always disconnect the 12V battery when messing around with connections and wiring.

Disconnect both - and + terminals for an hour or more to do the power-off reset to clear faults.

Solved it. Disassembled all the selector and by the end I could select other gears. I think the first time I assembled something was out of place. Cleaned all the DTC's and works like before.

Back