Camarillo to Thousand Oaks question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrRocket

Has anyone gone up that huge hill just south of Camarillo? How many SOC bars did you use up? What speed?

I am planning a trip to Oxnard from the northeast San Fernando Valley 65 miles and just worried about the trip back and going up that huge hill. Will I make it all the way with 100% charge?

There is supposed to be a Rabobank in Oxnard and a Radisson in Ventura, both with L2 chargers. Just came that way (2nd car, with ICE :oops: ) and there are up/down hills west of that hill as well... would be hesitant to try a 65 mile RT on that road.

PS: Camarillo Premium Outlets have old Avcon/paddle chargers, so might also have 240v outlet (?). We should start a campaign to upgrade those chargers as well...

I live in Moorpark and travel through Camirillo and Oxnard frequently. The Avcon/SPI chargers at the Camirillo Outlet are dead but I use the parking spots when the place is packed... Use the 118 freeway to/from the San Fernando Valley. It's less hilly, except the Santa Susana pass... :cool:

My wife commutes up the Conajo Grade each morning and says it takes about 10 to 15 miles of range (in eco) to get up. But on the way home, she pretty much gets it all back.
So far only 1,400 miles on our car, all charged at home from our 4.2kW solar system. My meter is still turning backwards...

I took delivey of my leaf a week ago and live in Thousand Oaks. I was wondering the same and took a round trip to the beach in Port Hueneme. It worked out well.

I started with a 100% charge, no climate control, in eco mode. The path: 101-Las Posas-Hueneme rd. to the Pier at Port Hueneme and back on the same path. I set cruise control to 65mph on the fwy and tried to model the same load while on the farm roads.

The round trip was 52 mi. and there was ~20 mi on the gauge (eco) when I got home.

Conejo grade experience: Regenerated 13 miles going down the grade and lost 17 miles going up for a net loss of 4 miles. How long is the grade? 4 miles round trip sound about right? Not bad! It had plenty of torque to cruise up the grade at 65mph (~40kwh to the motor). The car ran away from 65 going down. I let it run at 70mph+, but touched the brake pedal which pegged regen at 30kw for ~half the downgrade.

For those unfamiliar with this hill, it's a 6% grade.

BTW, the Nissan dealer in T.O. has a couple of L2 chargers and would be happy to let someone charge there. They are great and have sold over 40 Leafs themselves.

My wife works in the San Fernando Valley. I will be testing out that commute soon and can report on that too if you like.

We'll be taking a trip from south OC up to the westlake village area in about 6 weeks. Got my range spreadsheet, charge station maps, and fingers crossed.
:cool:

Back