Call from Nissan about charging habits?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogajim

I received a phone message from Nissan's Technical Center in Farmington Hills Michigan that they wanted to ask about my charging habits. When I returned the call they were on the line with someone else and did not return the call by the end of the day. Has anyone else gotten this call? I'm curious about what to expect.

Sounds like they are just fishing for statistics. Blink/Ecotality does the same, however they just pull the data from the EVSE. I bet there will be a software update pushing the charge information(timers, frequency, charge levels, etc) to Nissan within a few months. the data is helpful for long term analysis and real world tests/experiences.

If its something specifically for you, they will call back.

I received such a call yesterday. It did not take long and the interviewer Judy Weaver was very nice. She said she writes down your comments in addition to responses to a handful of specific questions, which were related to charging and Leaf usage. At the end you get to request all the things on the Leaf that you would like changed!

MikeD said:
At the end you get to request all the things on the Leaf that you would like changed!

Sounds like that would make the hassle worthwhile.

I worry about habits and statistics they pull from today's users giving the wrong impressions. Guess what - 80% of charging will be at home/overnight. But with a 6.6kW charger and more infrastructure (L2 and CHAdeMO), that could certainly change. It's not about how you use it today. It's about what incremental improvement can be made in order to increase the function of the car.

GetOffYourGas said:
I worry about habits and statistics they pull from today's users giving the wrong impressions. Guess what - 80% of charging will be at home/overnight. But with a 6.6kW charger and more infrastructure (L2 and CHAdeMO), that could certainly change. It's not about how you use it today. It's about what incremental improvement can be made in order to increase the function of the car.
That depends on the user. 98% of my charging is at home. (That's an estimate, but I think it must be somewhere between 97% and 99%.) I doubt if a 6.6kW charger would make any difference in that for me. Widespread DCQC availability might push that as low as 96% since I do occasionally take the gas buggy for longer excursions.

So the thing that worries me more is that they may generalize from too small a sample. (And, no, they haven't called me.)

Ray

Back