California State Agency EV Supply Equipment (EVSE)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wennfred

California State Agency Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Installation

(Reference Executive Order B-18-12, 2012)

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that State agencies identify and pursue opportunities to provide electric vehicle charging stations, and accommodate future charging infrastructure demand, at employee parking facilities in new and existing buildings.

http://gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=17508" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smkettner said:
Shows leadership is not completely dead in politics.
Can you imagine such a document from the President?

You mean that Kenyan born guy who has the audacity to be something other than white?

I can imagine the document coming from him. But can just as easily imagine right-wing heads exploding all over the heartland (and south).

Wennfred said:
California State Agency Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Installation

(Reference Executive Order B-18-12, 2012)

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that State agencies identify and pursue opportunities to provide electric vehicle charging stations, and accommodate future charging infrastructure demand, at employee parking facilities in new and existing buildings.

http://gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=17508" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, that was released about 6 months ago...It has spawned quite a bit of conversations that I know of...

I've had some discussions with some of the folks that are trying to comply with this order, and there seems to be some contradictory paragraphs (at least to me)...Add EV charging infrastructure for employee & State vehicles AND reduce grid-based energy purchases for State-owned buildings and non-building energy by at least 20% by 2018...And, yes, there is the paragraph about installing renewable resources, but the budgets haven't exactly been opened up for that to occur...

I'm not exactly sure how those goals can all be achieved in a reasonable time....

Well the point being, now we have some Ammo for when the California state agency for which I work for says no to a simple 110 Volt outlet. Executive order is good legit info to add to my letter.

Will keep you updated on what the boss says.

Fred

Back