California call to action for EV adoption. Please promote.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caracalover

Eric,

Plug In America has been working with California State Senator Corbett's office to create reasonable rules allowing potential electric vehicle drivers who live in condominium complexes or other homeowner association governed residences to install electric vehicle charging equipment. California Senate Bill 209 (SB 209) will go to the floor for a vote as early as Tuesday, July 5. It would extend the same protection to installation of electric vehicle charging stations in common areas that is afforded to the installation of solar panels, low-water requiring plants and other items under current law.

With the expansion of electric vehicles in the marketplace, homeowners must have the opportunity to install electric vehicle chargers on their own property without unreasonable restrictions being placed upon them. SB 209 ensures that common interest developments do not create barriers to the installation of electric vehicle charging equipment.

If you live in California, and especially if you live in a residence with a homeowner's association, please take a moment to write your California Senator and Assembly Member asking for their yes vote on SB 209.

Click here to take action and contact your California Legislators.

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0gCz0IR0kgMBIEHOpvEBsyelvpea1F13
Thanks for your help in getting us past this important step in making plug-in vehicles accessible to everyone.

Sincerely,

Mike Kane
Treasurer
Plug In America

Caracalover said:
Eric,

Plug In America has been working with California State Senator Corbett's office to create reasonable rules allowing potential electric vehicle drivers who live in condominium complexes or other homeowner association governed residences to install electric vehicle charging equipment. California Senate Bill 209 (SB 209) will go to the floor for a vote as early as Tuesday, July 5. It would extend the same protection to installation of electric vehicle charging stations in common areas that is afforded to the installation of solar panels, low-water requiring plants and other items under current law.

With the expansion of electric vehicles in the marketplace, homeowners must have the opportunity to install electric vehicle chargers on their own property without unreasonable restrictions being placed upon them. SB 209 ensures that common interest developments do not create barriers to the installation of electric vehicle charging equipment.

If you live in California, and especially if you live in a residence with a homeowner's association, please take a moment to write your California Senator and Assembly Member asking for their yes vote on SB 209.

Click here to take action and contact your California Legislators.

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0gCz0IR0kgMBIEHOpvEBsyelvpea1F13
Thanks for your help in getting us past this important step in making plug-in vehicles accessible to everyone.

Sincerely,

Mike Kane
Treasurer
Plug In America
As a prior HOA president, I agree this is an import tool to allow installation of charging infrastructure. Sent my support, please send yours.

I sent in my support over the weekend. Our landlord is eco-minded and was very supportive of us buying the LEAF but as we look to get more space for our family the issue has become central to our house/condo hunt. Please lend your support to ensure that more people can adopt EVs. :mrgreen:

Thanks to all of you who took the time to call or write Gov. Brown. He signed SB 209 yesterday.

SB 209 by Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Common interest developments: electric vehicle charging stations. A signing messasge can be found here.

Plug In America will be working with Sen. Corbett next session to get apartment rentals included. We'll need more help then since the push back might be harder.

Back