Byproducts of life with the Leaf....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFAGE

Little things are changing around the house ever since I got the Leaf. For instance; I've been finding money in my clothe's dryer's lint screen; tewnties, tens, fives and ones. I thought it was odd. But then I figured out why and it is directly related to the Leaf, believe it or not. Before the leaf all my pocket money went toward paying for gas. I have stopped buying gas which means I have money in my pockets. I am unaccostumed to this. I have forgotten how to empty my pockets at the end of the day since I have so rarely had any cash in them. Until the Leaf, I'd put $60-$80 worth of gas in the olde car each week. Now that money sits at the bottom of my pocket. When my pants get washed, voila....money which was in my un-checked pants pockets is laundered and then ends up in my dryer's lint screen.

Maybe I should tie a string to my finger to remind myself to check my pant's pockets...but then I'll have string on my finger, and, yet another byproduct of Leafage.

LEAFAGE said:
Little things are changing around the house ever since I got the Leaf. For instance; I've been finding money in my clothe's dryer's lint screen; tewnties, tens, fives and ones. I thought it was odd. But then I figured out why and it is directly related to the Leaf, believe it or not. Before the leaf all my pocket money went toward paying for gas. I have stopped buying gas which means I have money in my pockets. I am unaccostumed to this. I have forgotten how to empty my pockets at the end of the day since I have so rarely had any cash in them. Until the Leaf, I'd put $60-$80 worth of gas in the olde car each week. Now that money sits at the bottom of my pocket. When my pants get washed, voila....money which was in my un-checked pants pockets is laundered and then ends up in my dryer's lint screen.

Maybe I should tie a string to my finger to remind myself to check my pant's pockets...but then I'll have string on my finger, and, yet another byproduct of Leafage.

i hope some from nissan marketing reads this -- that's a perfect ad campaign right there!

But on the down side, I used to pay for gas at Costco with their AMEX card. I got cash rebates for buying gas. Now my rebate check will be lower :(

I find myself smiling more when driving, a direct byproduct of leaf ownership.

I also don't mind taking the car for a spin, because it uses no gas and it's so fun to drive.

I hated giving my money to OPEC and the big oil companies, so would resist any extra unnecessary driving. Now I simply smile cruising down the road with the tunes blaring.

It's actually fun to drive again like you were when you first got your drivers license.

Remember back when it was fun to take the car for a drive? Well it's back for me.

Happy leafing everybody!!!!!

Back