Broken Antenna (oh No)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The small piece in the picture does not appear to have a solid connection back into the base. Not sure what held it in the first place. But the antenna screws into that small piece.

Thanks

I replaced the phallus antenna with a short color matched one from Ebay. I do not see a Performance difference. I should of purchased a silver one though, The red is severely fading.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to remove the base? I pulled out the plug inside but it appears to be about 6-8 inches forward of the base.

FYI

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5621&p=129650&hilit=shark#p129650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks looks like a good antenna. I have to remove the base unfortunately because it is broken now. Any hints on how to remove that base? I'm guessing you need some sort of special tool to go in from that little square hole on the inside.

Thanks.

Be warned many of the OEM antennas have amplifiers in them, and replacing them with aftermarket will result in a less-sensitive radio. I know for sure this is the case on the Prius, but I'm not 100% positive on the LEAF.

-Phil

Back