Brentwood TN to Bowling Green KY RON & RTB

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWO4Mann

Leaf Supporting Member
Brentwood to Bowling Green, KY

Ideas on a round trip to Bowling Green from Brentwood. One way is 75.7 miles; none of the Cracker Barrels in BG have chargers yet neither do the Nissan dealers. I called and Johnson Nissan says theirs is "going to be installed real soon now". I'm thinking drive up there and then plug in at a motel on 120v (since I have not yet ordered the charger upgrade cable set like I've been meaning to do since I go on this forum). Charge all night. It is mostly flat but with a couple of Tennessee hills on the way.

Think I should try it? It's straight up I-65.

This is sounding like a night ops with refuel bladders cached in the desert and guarded by Bedouins and a camel named Ackmed ... Oh wait, we tried that before. Never mind. :oops:

Dave

I've done some more due diligence on the trip. I ran a check on all of the chargers between Brentwood and Bowling Green. Oncet you get out of Music City there's one at about 40 miles out in Gallatin. The other stations which are listed on the various charging sites as having L2 capability are not hooked up. I called each one listed and it looks like nothing has been done in KY as yet. The Service Manager at Jim Johnson Nissan in Bowling Green says that they have plans to put in the L2 stations but the equipment isn't in yet. He also told me that he thought that Nissan didn't do the KY and Alabama Nissan vendors any favors by giving all the chargers to places inside Tennessee. He told me that basically it means Kentucky folks near Tennessee will drive to TN and buy their Leaf. Don't know if I under stand his logic, but that's his story. The Cracker Barrel Restaurants on the way to BG are listed on one web site as having L2 capability but when I called them they said that none in KY have charging capability for EV's. The motel we are staying at in BG told me that they would make a 220V dryer outlet available to me -- seems there is a laundry room right next to where our room is located. Too bad I didn't order Ingineer's mod a lot earlier!

I'll keep you all posted.

Dave

Well, you know I'd go for it :mrgreen:

Assuming no heater, and battery temps that will give you an 84 mile range at 60mph, I'd say your recharge scheme seems good. Might get a plan B and C.

Back