Brake Warning Light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeezix

My brake warning light and VDC light are both on. The manual says this indicates low brake fluid level. I checked the reservoir and it is full. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.

Thanks all for the help. The lights actually came on after several days running with snow chains. I took off the chains and 10 miles later, the lights went off. So, the problem obviously had something to do with having the snow chains on.

Thanks again for the help.

skeezix said:
My brake warning light and VDC light are both on. The manual says this indicates low brake fluid level. I checked the reservoir and it is full. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.
Could be the sensor in the reservoir (cap).

Firetruck41 said:
skeezix said:

Thanks.
Could be the sensor in the reservoir (cap).

That was my guess too, but I wasn't sure of the sensor location. Doesn't the brake pressure sensor, if present, also trigger that light?

skeezix said:

Thanks.
Last brake warning light I had (not in a Leaf) was tripped by a pressure differential between the 2 brake line circuits. Each circuit was for one front and one rear wheel. There was a piston in the master cylinder which shifted to the low pressure side and triggered the light.

Do you have LeafSpy? You can look at the code with it and go from there.

So was the issue resolved? Not really buying 12vbc bat. Difference in wheel speed sensors, Chains effecting brake control?

Back