Blink service response appears to be good

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

I emailed blink on Friday night around 5 pm about my cord beginning to separate at the connection to the j1772. I got a call less than 30 minutes later with a case number and a promise to fix it under warranty.
if you have a problem, they seem to be ready to help. also, warranty for mine runs out shortly.

now, if they come out in a week, that will be some fast turnaround.

also, membership continues free in 2014, as i received this today:

Hello ,
We are forgoing the membership fees and are looking to move everything
to a one membership for all structure. There will be no fees associated
with membership, other than paying for what you use. If you have any
questions, please let me know.

Thank You,

Blink Network Contact Center
e: [email protected] | d: +1.888.998.2546

Email response has been very good in my experience.

However, their ability to fix actual charging stations is less than good.

The SDSU QC station has been down for months.

I wonder what their new rates will be after eliminating the membership. I suspect they will move to charging per kWh. Hopefully they leave some time based fee in there to discourage campers.

drees said:
However, their ability to fix actual charging stations is less than good.

The SDSU QC station has been down for months.
At least one of the Diamond Bar plugs has been down for a month. The Plaza del Sol unit was installed over 6 months ago and is still not turned on. I'm still waiting for a clear indication whether Car Charging Group intends to run Blink as a business. It kind of looks like they bought it just to clean up the balance sheet and PowerPoint slides so they could resell it at a profit to another company. But if that were the case I would have expected them to have had a couple of potential buyers lined up ahead of time, and that the resale might be completed by now. The longer they wait to either run the business or sell the business, with the Blink infrastructure deteriorating, the less valuable the business is. E.g., recently faced with a trip that would have depended on a Blink QC working I drove the gas car instead.

thankyouOB said:
I emailed blink on Friday night around 5 pm about my cord beginning to separate at the connection to the j1772. I got a call less than 30 minutes later with a case number and a promise to fix it under warranty.
if you have a problem, they seem to be ready to help. also, warranty for mine runs out shortly.

now, if they come out in a week, that will be some fast turnaround.

How long is the warranty period? Looking at your signature, is it 3 years or did you sign up for an extended contract in the beginning of 2013?

Figured I'd tack this onto this thread.
I have one of the BIG Ecotality Blinks, and all in all, it's worked pretty well.
I contacted them back in July 2012 about the overheating issues I had heard about with the J1772 "bad Crimps" as I was planning to use the EVSE at draws more than the 3.3KW I had been using.

They indicated that they had no idea what I was talking about, and that The Blink was rated at 32Amps.

........k ?

I knew this to be "less than accurate", and the next month, when it was called on to deliver 7.2 Kw, the J1772 heated up immediately, and I just stopped using this Blink.
I requested a service call August 18, 2012.
Blink finally owned up to "Having seen this once before", and assigned me a service number and appointment.

Then, Blink... Blinked out.

I have persisted, and last week the new "owners" (CCG?) responded with some questions, and as of today I have some Electrical service group out of New York making an appointment to "Change My Nozzle" (Exact words)

So, the new owners are stepping up it would appear.

I'll let you know what transpires.

My home Blink stopped working about 9 months ago. I reported it on a Thursday & they had 2 guys out on Saturday to repair it. They did several updates along with the one repair to get me working again.

Ecotality/Blink was very helpful & timely with me everytime I needed them.

I hope the new owners can make it work!

Back