Blink HQ EVSE home charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc540i

The equipment is now available for order. I've been comparing Blink HQ with Bosch powermax and Schneider one. Both Schneider and Blink HQ have time delay function. Blink has price advantage over Schneider at this point of time although Bosch has several model to choose from with the lowest price among 3 suppliers. Based on the picture, both Blink HQand Bosch could be made by same supplier. Does anyone plan to get Blink HQ?

No, because it would be almost impossible for me to use the $100 Blink credit within 6 months.

Just received the Blink HQ this weekend. Installed it and charged my Leaf first time at home using 240V. Took 2.5hrs from 60 % to 100%. :D
The unit is pretty much same as Bosch Power Max. All dimension and manual are shared between both model except HD has time delay.

I just bought the charger on price alone. The Leaf lets me set 2 different timers so I didn't care about the built in delayed timer on the charging unit.

srl99 said:
No, because it would be almost impossible for me to use the $100 Blink credit within 6 months.
There are 3 DC quick chargers 1 near my home, 2 near my work, and Blink recently just raised the rate of those from $0.00 to $5 flat. Not $5/hr, it's $5 flat... so I plan on taking advantage as much as I can, but I don't really need it... it's more of use it while I can thing.

Question for anyone who got the Blink charger, there is an ethernet port inside the back panel, does anyone know what it's used for? There's nothing about in the user's manual. I plan on calling them tomorrow to find out, unless one of you can answer today and make me run a cable to the device :D

vHRUk6C.png

It might be a serial port, or a dummy port as I believe additional models will support some type of networking in the near future.

My AeroVironment has several I/O ports as well, and would like to use them, but no one seems to have tried these ports yet, and AeroVironment isn't responding. I'm guessing Blink isn't going to know or want to share that data either for liability purposes etc.

I just heard back from Blink via an email, here was the response:

Glad to hear you have your HQ installed! To your question, the Blink HQ 100 is not a networked charger. The Ethernet port is there for performing diagnostics and/or troubleshooting problems (factory-level or technician-level). Let me know if you have any further questions.

Using it few times this week. So far it is operated very well. I do not notice any noise which is mentioned on other brand of EV system. I install the unit right between the two garage door. I think Blink HQ looks cool in my garage!

iwsb.jpg

Was it just my unit, or is your device very snug to plugin to the Leaf? I noticed I had to get the angle exactly right to plug it in. Whereas the 120V charger that came with the car, just slips right in with no problem.

awesomo3k said:
Was it just my unit, or is your device very snug to plugin to the Leaf? I noticed I had to get the angle exactly right to plug it in. Whereas the 120V charger that came with the car, just slips right in with no problem.

The feel of inserting the plug to the car is no significant difference than the one come with the car. I would not say is very snug but it is slightly better fit to the port but post no resistance or any special attention required to perform it.

I have one on order .. and really like the look and feel. with all the dang news about them going under.. I wonder if I still get the unit.. will it be under warranty VIA Delta who actually makes the unit for them.

Anyone else get a new Blink HQ home charger? are you happy with it, despite the recent business issues with Ecotality.

Thanks

H

Back