Blink DCQC question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzd

Does the blink DCQC only charge one car at a time?

I had an experience where I received a text saying my car unplugged while doing a QC, when i went out to investigate, my car was plugged in still, but there was a leaf next to me charging on the other side. My charge was no where near 80% as expected. my guess was that since I was waiting inside for my car the other owner decided I had charged enough so that he could start his. any insight on this by those who QC alot?

My understanding is that the Blink DCQC stations can only charge one car at a time, but I've never used one where two cars were connected simultaneously. I would expect that in such a situation, whichever car is connected last would wait until the first-connected car's charge is completed. If you hadn't hit your set endpoint yet, you should not have been interrupted. But disappointment is the order of the day(s) with Blink. When you say that your charge wasn't done, was that based on the way your car measures/displays its state of charge, or the way the Blink station measures it? In my experience, if you ask the Blink station to charge up to NN percent, my car will show about 0.8 * NN percent of charge, just going by the number of "bars".

If two cars are plugged into the DCQC, the first one should complete charging before the second one begins. I've had to wait at a DCQC for the first leaf to finish charging first. This is assuming that the other guy didn't unplug you.

If you are second, you can get everything setup, i.e. scan the card, punch in your info, plugin the cable etc, and basically you will start charging next automatically whenever the first one finishes charging. This is also assuming that both ports are working and you aren't ICE'd.

The charging percentage that you choose on the Blink DCQC doesn't seem to correspond to what you'd expect on the Leaf's side. If I choose 80% on the DCQC, the mileage and amount charged doesn't necessarily reflect 80% in the SOC. I've had the same experience with other QC's besides the Blink. The estimated mileage seems a little off until the next time I complete a Level 2 charge.

dzd said:
Does the blink DCQC only charge one car at a time?

I had an experience where I received a text saying my car unplugged while doing a QC, when i went out to investigate, my car was plugged in still, but there was a leaf next to me charging on the other side. My charge was no where near 80% as expected. my guess was that since I was waiting inside for my car the other owner decided I had charged enough so that he could start his. any insight on this by those who QC alot?

If you chose '80%', then your actual % was probably in the 60s with 8 bars. If you want 80% / ten bars and you're below 50% on the Blink screen, set the charger to '100%'. The car will shut it off at 80%/ten bars, but the Blink QC will show 89-90% (usually). If you're above 50%, and you choose 100%, it will stop at 11-12 bars.

I'm pretty sure then that the other guy hit stop on my charge so he could go. As we were walking away to go in to the shop my friend told me he over heard the other driver complaining that I got there just seconds ahead of him.

dzd said:
I'm pretty sure then that the other guy hit stop on my charge so he could go. As we were walking away to go in to the shop my friend told me he over heard the other driver complaining that I got there just seconds ahead of him.
That's probably what happened. If side A is charging and side B hooks up, authorizes and presses start, his side waits until side a is done before starting. Pressing STOP on side A at any time will terminate that charge and allow side B to start.

Back