Blink DC fast charging stops after 5 seconds

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanzer

After many web searches, it seemed like I'm the only one with this specific problem:

- When charging with the Blink DC fast charger, charging will stop after 5 to 10 seconds. Subsequent charging will abort even quicker.

Brought the Leaf to the dealership for this issue, but across two dealerships, the staff have no clue as to what caused the problem. I've upgraded the firmware last month, and the car charged fine through the Nissan DC charger at the dealership. The problem was never fixed with the Blink chargers, however.

I've tried 3 different locations with the same result. While the dealership offer no help at resolving the issue, I have no idea on what to do. Anyone have suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?

I've had it shut off after a minute of charging during hot weather (suspect the qc itself was overheating). Try a non-Blink QC to start. ;)

I have charged about 20 or 30 times using Blink DCQC chargers. I always get at least one charging stopped message right after plugging in, but the charging process has always started after some delay. Even with the "charging stopped" messages, the Leaf Spy Pro (or Leaf Battery App) shows only one increment in the QC count for each quick charge event.

Gerry

I had this happen, but only at a specific Blink DCQC chargers when they get into some sort of bad state. When the unit gets into this state, neither port works: they would say that my battery was at some % significanlty less than 60% (usually a little off compared to the dash), I'd request a charge to 60 or 80% and it would stop after <5sec. The first time this happened, after 10 tries and talking with their Customer Support, I did an L2 on the EVSE in the same lot for an hour, drove to a different DCQC nearby, and everything worked fine.

So I do not think this is a problem with the LEAF. The Customer Support dude said that the DCQC unit needed to be reset by a technician. They really should have a remote reboot built in to those things as this has happened at multiple DCQC stations.

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately another Leaf pulled up and was able to charge for 30 minutes while I sat there green with envy. :( I was inside a covered garage and another time was 10pm, so heat was never an issue.

Back