blink 220v charger - charge faliure

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waLeaf

I have one of these at home http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/ecotality-blink-residential-charger_100330711_m.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Occasionally ( about 50% of the time ) when I plug in my car at home, the charging stops randomly. When this happens there is a yellow charge failure light ( car with an exclamation mark ) turned on in the Leaf console. I discussed this with a Nissan technician at the dealership, he mentioned this could be an issue with the leaf charger. I do not face this issue with the other charger that I use regularly ( charge point charger ).

Has anyone face this issue with the Blink chargers?

I have '12 LEAF. But the symptoms sounds familiar. Only concern is that it only happens with the BLINK charger at my home. Not with the chargepoint charger that I use regularly.

Have you asked the dealer to pull the codes on the car?

If it charges fine on another L2 station, it seems unlikely that it is your car. It is probably either something going on with your home electrical system (bad ground, loose wire, something) or EVSE.

When did you last have your Blink serviced? When my SD card needed to be replaced earlier this year, they came out and re-routed some of the wiring, made sure all the screws were tight, and then adjusted the voltage on the internal power supply to be a bit closer to what it should be (12v and 5v).

I had the same issue. It was quickly solved by my dealer with a software change-- deleting some programs and replacing them. Turns out I have an excellent dealer. Other dealers, not up-to-date with Leaf technology, tried to fix the problem by replacing parts which was very expensive and time-consuming. The software solution took about 30 minutes.

Back