Battery Stats Look Funny after Leaving Leaf Charging (L1) Overnight?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinChico

I charged my 2015 Leaf S using 220V x 16A, then my wife needed to use the dryer, so I switched to 110V x 12A. Here's where I was at 6:53PM that evening, with the 3rd charging light still blinking:

96.6% SoC, 12.96V at the "regular" battery, and the cells look well-balanced (all blue). Looked pretty good.

THEN I allowed the car to continue to charge overnight (at L1), and this is what I had the next morning at 7:43AM (with the Leaf charging lights no longer blinking):

96.3% SoC, 12.00V at the "regular" battery, and the cells look WAY out of balance (almost all RED). Everything is WORSE after I left the car plugged in overnight.

Anybody have ANY idea about this mess?!

By the way, I am using my original Nissan (Panasonic) EVSE with the EVSEUpgrade modification.

Thanks!

My 2015 does a lot more shunting of cells (cell balancing) as the charge completes than the 2011 did. Your screen shots look normal for both L1 and L2 charging. If you checked the battery right after completing an L2 charge, you would likely see the same red screen.

Back