Battery cooling before recharging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About sums it up. Don't worry, just enjoy. :D

TangoKilo said:
The LEAF can be driven like a regular car. You don't have too baby it. The day with my honey today went like this: We left the house, 100% charge, to a pumpkin festival 20 miles away. We then drove up the 101 freeway to Ventura, 35 miles at 65 mph, and had lunch and a walk through the mall while we charged up a few bars. We then drove another 20 miles to the Ojai Days festival. The city hall there has a couple of new EVSEs. We picked up a few more bars and drove back home to drop off the stuff we accumulated for the day. We charged up another 30 mins, so we'd have enough juice to get over to the store and our favorite place for margaritas. After another 15 miles we got home just as the low battery warning came on. Lots of fun. 127 miles on the odometer. The battery temp never changed and the SOC box indicated all normal...just like it always has shown. :cool:

TangoKilo said:
The LEAF can be driven like a regular car. You don't have too baby it.

I hope the Leaf was designed with American sensibilities in mind, we expect like-new performance out of a car with 150k-200k miles on it, but in reality those cars are "spent".

A question for everyone: how will you feel if your Leaf loses 20% range when it gets to 100k miles?.. or 150k miles?.. I'm guessing most would be very unhappy if it happened at 75k miles.

Im in the same boat as Tangokilo :D ..Im at 8000 miles now and have charged the car to 100% every time..I know 5 years from now I will update to either a better battery pack or another E-Car that is averaging 200-300 miles per charge..

Im also easy going with the car, avg. 5.8 KW/M and looking at a estimate of 200000 brakes :shock:

5 years from now it will be interesting to compare the 100% chargers to the 80% and see how far they can go on a charge..

Back