Battery-charge decline after a week at rest.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roperld

I left my 2012 LEAF sitting for 7.5 days and it declined from 65.1% charge to 62.2%, a change of 2.9% or 0.387% per day. (I used the Giddings SOC meter to measure the % charge.) Has anyone measured the charge decline for longer periods, say 30 days?

The LEAF needs a switch, similar to the Prius switch, to turn off the smart key when it is sitting for long periods.

Some of that 2.9% was probably the top-off of the 12v accessory battery done every 5 days. Some of the drain is probably from carwings, which I think shuts off after 2 weeks of not driving.

Jeremy

In January our LEAF sat for 10 days. GOM read 63 miles to start, 62 miles when we got back. I realize the GOM is suspect, but assuming nothing changed its algorithm while the car sat unused....

This was un-plugged.

mkjayakumar said:
In fact if you had switched the car back after 5 minutes, it would have said 62 miles.

Both data points were gathered remotely. So actually the car had been sitting about 10 hours before the 1st one.

Back