Bath to Geneva and back - 1500 miles by EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KevinSharpe said:
In total we travelled 1973 miles from Bath to Geneva and back (1018 outbound and 955 return). The whole trip was extremely simple and easy and I would encourage everyone to get out and road trip :D

Not in the stone age USA. A road trip is a painful endeavour!!!

KevinSharpe said:
TonyWilliams said:
Not in the stone age USA. A road trip is a painful endeavour!!!
Sorry to be difficult but during our trip we only used charging that has been installed because of the efforts of individual EV drivers... maybe a model you folks could copy? Similar to our ZeroNet initiative in the UK http://www.zerocarbonworld.org/zero-net

Where does the money come from for the free chargers?

TonyWilliams said:
If you mean for ZeroNet than I donated the first 1000 Charging Stations to ZCW and drivers are donating monies to deploy the next 1000. Remember that ZCW developed a low cost Charging Station to make this possible... something similar to the Open EVSE effort.

KevinSharpe said:
TonyWilliams said:
If you mean for ZeroNet than I donated the first 1000 Charging Stations to ZCW and drivers are donating monies to deploy the next 1000. Remember that ZCW developed a low cost Charging Station to make this possible... something similar to the Open EVSE effort.

Very noble of you. I'm personally working on a DC charger network that is, so far, developed with my own money. I had not considered just building my own. There is another gentleman with a similar thought, and he is indeed doing just that; building his own DC chargers, but I doubt he'll be donating anything.

I do intend to open things up for others to invest so that we can spread throughout California. No plans for anything below 18kW of power.

Back