auto Door lock disable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NissanNut -

Here's where your confusion exists. If you wish to adjust the auto-lock, you use the LOCK switch on the door. If you wish to adjust the auto UNlock, you use the UNLOCK switch on the door. The two systems are separate, and can be set to either auto or off. So to me it sounds as if you are inadvertently setting the auto UNlock (by using the unlock position on the door switch during the procedure), and expecting to adjust the auto LOCK.

If I am correct, and you wish to keep the doors from auto-locking at 15 mph (as I did), you only use the LOCK position of the button on the door for this procedure. Do not use the unlock position of that switch, because that ONLY effects the auto-unlock system.

Summary. To change auto locking (and NOT auto-unlocking): Press and hold the LOCK position for five seconds to turn auto lock on. Or, press and hold the LOCK position for five seconds to turn auto lock off. To adjust auto locking, ONLY use the lock position on the door. And when the lights flash once, you will have turned it off.

Because you've sort of randomly set both at this point, definitely take it for a quick drive to determine what's going on now, and set accordingly.

I hope I've made sense.

This part from your post is incorrect, and will set the auto UNLOCK only:
for self locking:
push and hold the power door lock switch on the door to the “UNLOCK” position for more than 5 seconds
When they flash twice, you have turned on.

Well it worked!!! No more locking doors when I hit 14 or whatever it was. My Wife and I are happy! I could not understand the owners manual method.

I was using the left door black master switch, Not the interior colored.

Thanks!!! :D

I will have to think about the other option.

Good to go! This thread has a great symmetry to it....

You helped me get to where I could figure it out, and I figured out what you might have been doing wrong. I love it when a plan comes together. :)

Cheers,

Back