Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CarWings still showing "Pending", but dealer called Monday afternoon say a truck load of cars just arrived and all of them were for them. One Pearl car was onboard and it turned out to be my Leaf. :D

They had it ready for pickup after 5:00pm on Tuesday so, We signed all the paperwork and I drove off the lot @ 7:20 pm Tuesday 6 Dec, in the year of our Lord 2011. Never had a new car manual that you can measure by the pounds before.

Put a few miles driving around showing it off and later plugged it into the SPX PowerExpress and turned on the breaker. This morning the Guess-o-meter say I had 110 miles fully charged. I don't think I'll need to charge again till Sunday when I plan on a 50-60 mile round trip. Right now I'm spending time trying to learn about all the new gizmos in new cars these days. (Last new car was a 1986 Honda Prelue SI. Kept that car till 1999 when I blew the transmission. My trade in was a 1995 Toyota Cam. S/W which has been in the family since new. There has been a lot of changes in the electronics since then. :mrgreen:

Now all I have to do is get my rebate back from the state. :twisted:

Congrats! you drove off the lot exactly 24h after I did.

Where are you located? maybe we can meet and if needed one day, we can count on each other's garage as a remote charging station. It will be my pleasure to let you use mine if you are ever in Douglasville.

amtoro said:

Where are you located? maybe we can meet and if needed one day, we can count on each other's garage as a remote charging station. It will be my pleasure to let you use mine if you are ever in Douglasville.

"Douglasville"! My daughter used to work at a Veterinary hospital in Douglasville. She is now at the Humane Society shelter for Forsythe county.

I'm still in NH but looking to move to Cumming as soon as my house in NH sells. :)

amtoro said:

I'm afraid you could not make it to my garage even on a full charge. I'm located in Warner Robins GA seven miles east of mile marker 142 (I think). It's about 120 miles south of Atlanta off I-75. You would need a real interstate range of 150 miles to make the trip without worry. Then a puny 3.3kW charger would take eight hrs to recharge enough to return.

The leaf is just my town car until the interstate range gets to about 210 and some QCs are deployed. Say at least one maybe two per rest areas on all of GA's interstates (I-75, 85, 20, 16). Right now I'm limited to Macon in the north, and Perry in the south.

email: [email protected]

I just had the paint protection film (not clearbra but another "brand" with better reviews) applied on the LEAF; what an awesome job, the guy not only did the bumper, entire hood almost to the top, fenders and mirrors, but he also applied the protector for the top and partial back of the rear bumper and the door handle wells.

It looks great, almost invisible except for the faint line at the edge on the hood. It only took about 1-1/2 hours and it is guaranteed for as long as I own the car.

If any of you guys here in Georgia want his contact info, just PM me, he offered a special price for forum members.

(not doing commercial advertising, just thought I should recommend his work) :)

Just installed my EVLink Charger and wanted to share valuable/useful information with other Atlantans. Our panel is in the garage on the same wall where the charger needed to be installed; the installation is as clean and straight-forward as possible:

I ordered Schneider's EVLink from HomeDepot.com. I used a coupon code from retailmenot.com to save 10%; the net cost was $720. It arrived a few days later without any problem.

Home Depot's recommended contractor came and quoted the job without charge (Mr Electric). They were five hours late and quoted $1,142. When I asked how 2-3 hours of labor, ~$100 of materials, and a permit adds to $1,142, I didn't get much of an answer.

Then I called other electrical contractors that were well recommended on Kudzu.com. Snappy arrived shortly thereafter. Their quote was $968.

Then I called Arc Angel. They left without providing a quote, saying that I would receive it in the mail. I received it five days later: $940, including $475 for materials and permitting. When I asked how ~$100 of materials and ~$50 permitting can total $475 (on their quote: "Furnish Material & Permit"), the nice lady on the phone said someone would have to get back to me with that. I haven't heard back.

Then I called Brooker Electric. Gordon Brooker answered and stopped by the house shortly thereafter to quote the job. His honest quote was $350 plus the City of Johns Creek's permitting fee; the total was $398. I thanked him and he returned a day or two later to complete the job. The job was beautifully done and the inspector signed off on the work after reviewing it for mere seconds.

I would highly recommend Brooker Electric (770/552-8442) for EV Charger installations in Atlanta (or other electrical work for that matter)! Good luck to everyone!

Total EVSE Charger Cost (Unit & Installation, net of Tax Rebate): $784. I think that's a great deal for a top quality charger and top quality electrical work.

As I already stated in one of my previous posts, my Leaf arrived in Warner Robins Late Monday 5 Dec 2011. I drove off the lot at 7:20 pm Tuesday 6 Dec 2011. My status was still listed as "pending".

Today at 11:14 Nissan sent me an email stating "Nissan LEAF: Expected Delivery".
"....
Joseph, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer.

Five Star Nissan
839 Warren Dr
Warner Robins, GA 31088
(478) 987-5030
........"

I don't really have the heart to tell them, I drove off with it two days ago.

:mrgreen:

My delivery date was originally week of 12/11, and got moved to week of 12/18 about a month ago. Does anyone else out there have 12/18, and if so has anyone switched to "pending" yet? I'm getting excited seeing all these folks who are getting their cars early in the Atlanta area, but I don't want to get my hopes up ;)

My delivery date went from "Week of Dec 19th" to "pending" sometime over the weekend.
I'm in the South Fulton area of Atlanta and will be taking delivery in Union City.

N952JL said:
........"

I don't really have the heart to tell them, I drove off with it two days ago.

:mrgreen:

Congrats, N952JL!
After some time behind the wheel, be sure to let us other Atlantans know your thoughts and give us more advice!

- tharcaps

I spotted my first Volt in Georgia near Collins Hill Park in Lawrenceville. Don't know if they spotted our Leaf. My only Leaf sighting was at the EV Club meeting.

Did a trip from Lawrenceville to Athens yesterday. 316 really eats the electrons. Thanks to a couple of stops with the good people at Nissan of Athens I made it back home.

widgetboy said:
My delivery date went from "Week of Dec 19th" to "pending" sometime over the weekend.
I'm in the South Fulton area of Atlanta and will be taking delivery in Union City.

Yay! Congrats on the pending, widgetboy :) My portal is still telling me "Week of Dec 18th"... grrr. The closer it gets the less patient I am becoming :-D

I am now into to over two weeks of driving to work and enjoying my Leaf SL. I have learned to turn the charge for the car on timer for after 8pm due to rates being cheaper, I give it a good 6 hr limit to go 100% charge. Also, heating car via still plugged into house in the morning via cell phone at Bed side helps cut down on using Heating system going to work at 6 15 in the mornings. I put the stearing and seat heat on and notice it doesn't use as much juice as the Heating system does as I travel to work, some mornings haven't needed to do anything after 1st toast up for 15 mins in morning prior to heading out. I travel 60 miles round trip in ECO Mode and normally have avg of 20 miles left when I pull in at 5pm. I do not drive exact speeds, I am usually 5 over speed limit or less to speed limits 45 to 50 for 7 miles then from exit 17 to exit 13 on 400 going south at 65 to 70 then Peachtree Parkway to Abbott's bridge avg 45 to 50mph then south on Peachtree industral short distance to work. Running radio all the way. I have permission to charge with the 110v charger if need be at work FOC, have done it when planning to go out of way home some distance in afternoons on a Friday. I would say I use 40% to work 40% back home and have 20% left over when I get home in the evenings. I run defrost fanas needed and came home today with temp set at 70 with fan at a lowest speed and was home with 20 miles left on it in ECO mode. If batteries ever double the capacity of this car it will sale like hot cakes for commuters over 40 miles one way to work that don't want to try it as it is now running Heat/AC off and on to get distance. Love the Car, will be taking it to Florida when I retire in a few yrs. More fun then my 1928 Model A ford that I sold to get back into the future.

First LEAF trip to midtown ATL from the 'burbs.

On saturday evening, my wife and I took her parents and niece (5 people total) in our LEAF to the Fox Theater for the Nutcracker show. As it was going to be a 30-mile trip each way with climate control, on the highway and fully loaded with passengers, we decided to charge while at the theater just to be sure as so far we had not tested the accuracy of the guess-o-meter.

So, after dropping off the ladies at the theater entrance, my father in law and I went to the Georgia Power headquarters where there is a L2 charging station, plugged it it, walked back to the theater and did the opposite after the show.

Kudos to Georgia Power for the free charge and parking.

BTW, I have compared my driving results from the dash and the energy used as reported by Carwings with the driving range from TonyWilliams's chart and this is very accurate; I can follow it with confidence and I know I will have enough range regardless of what the G-O-M says.

I now average 4.1 mi/kWh while commuting on the interstate and a bit of surface roads.

Very happy!

amtoro said:
So, after dropping off the ladies at the theater entrance, my father in law and I went to the Georgia Power headquarters where there is a L2 charging station, plugged it it, walked back to the theater and did the opposite after the show.

Kudos to Georgia Power for the free charge and parking.

I have never checked this one out. It is freely accessible after hours? Just one charging port?

Two parking spaces, one Clipper Creek EVSE with one J1772. There is also one 240V NEMA L14-30 (in case you bring your own EVSE and an adapter).

Available 24/7 free of charge on the visitor's parking area. The spaces are marked by two orange cones and a "EV parking only" sign.

I use two apps for this purpose, PlugShare (where I have my own home station posted for sharing) and CarStations. Both are available from a browser and CarStations has links with availability details on each station.

I got a call this morning from my dealer saying that someone had just orphaned a car that had the exact same configuration as the one I had ordered, and that I could take it home today if I wanted. He worked with me to get the reservation fee worked out and the Carwings switched over, and I drove home an hour ago with my new black leaf. We have already had several family members come over for a test drive :)

So excited to be 100% electric!

Looking forward to the time when I can pick up my LEAF! I have decided to wait until I can move to GA because of the $5K state incentive to couple with the $7500 fed incentive. So that means a bit of a wait for our house to sell (again).

gscobey said:
I got a call this morning from my dealer saying that someone had just orphaned a car that had the exact same configuration as the one I had ordered, and that I could take it home today if I wanted. He worked with me to get the reservation fee worked out and the Carwings switched over, and I drove home an hour ago with my new black leaf. We have already had several family members come over for a test drive :)

So excited to be 100% electric!

Congrats! From what dealership did you pick it up? was it the same dealership from which you had ordered?

Did they charge you over MSRP? how much on dealer fees?

Back