Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BarryE said:
Leaftogo1

congratulations on your new Leaf and thanks for passing on the information about price negotiations. I have waited for over 19 months for a leaf so I am not to sympathetic to your wait.

BarryE

Well, i can say after driving it home for Gwinette, pass my job to home with running all the accesories as I would want to and plenty of left over miles I am happy with it and it is going to be worth the wait. I do 62 round trip per day. I am just not so sure what the deal is with Nissan CS being able to track a vehicle from MFG to dealer to customer. They assign a Vin, have records what ships theyre on when they arrive at port, should not take more than 7 days from there to dealer, then about 48 hrs at dealer for prep PDI testing and giving it to the customer. There are about 5 Nissan Dealers in the Atlanta area within 30 miles circle, Captial was first one to deliver 2012, makes me think they have their act together more so than others. Price should not be above your MSRP cost, 850 delivery, 13 title, 3 limon law, 7% tax depending on your county, and 599 dealer prep. Also this depends on a trade in which they will not give you a figure on that till 30 days before your Leaf is going to arrive. But if your cash deal there is no earthly reason you can't get a total figure of Buyers Order doc from a dealer. Just have to talk to the top dog of sales staff.

Leaftogo1 said:
I am just not so sure what the deal is with Nissan CS being able to track a vehicle from MFG to dealer to customer. They assign a Vin, have records what ships theyre on when they arrive at port, should not take more than 7 days from there to dealer, then about 48 hrs at dealer for prep PDI testing and giving it to the customer.

My car was on the same ship as yours and arrived in Jacksonville on November 14th, but the best estimate I've been given is that it won't be available for me to take delivery until December 5th. That's three weeks from port arrival to delivery. And, since I was told they had already completed final assembly on November 17th, we are talking 2 1/2 weeks just to complete the 350 mile trip from Jacksonville down to South Florida and have the car go through PDI.

And, I'm not alone. Nearly every car assigned to a South Florida dealer has had the delivery date delayed or pended ("coming soon!").

There are, clearly, other things going on.

I agree. My order for a Pearl SL was confirmed 11 Aug. I still do not have a vin, and the dashboard now has the pre purchase check list closed. (it was open). The delivery date went from week of 4 Dec to week of 11 Dec and yesterday changed to "pending". Did a Chat with CS and they know nothing, except the standard, yes we know you are fustrated but the wait is worth it BuLL S@@t. Their 90 to 120 days ends on Dec 9th.

Leaftogo1 said:
I picked up my Leaf today at Gwinnette Nissan. Overall being the 1st in line for delivery thru them has been a little tough. Nissan Customer service sometimes right on and then sometims they give miss leading information. Then at the dealers Renee's boss was swapped out on me mid stream, Lance no longer with them, New Inet Director Guy Steve, Cold & a bit of a Jerk. Chris Kim is New Car Director, best to deal with him at upper level if need be. Renee has learned a lot in doing my deal 1st Explained that cars are not a negotiable deal cause of nissan. no discount, incentives on the 2012's. Thus RAQ is MSRP on car, plus accessiors, 599 dealer prep, 850 delivery, 18 title, 3 lemon law. 41k Drive out for me. Cash deal, no trade in to deal with, no discounts. Gwinnett has learned to go ahead and give drive out quotes due to no negotiation simple thing to do. Renee is great, will fight for you once she has a moment to clear up what her bosses are trying to figure they are doing on charges. so take 37250, your accesories, tax, title, lemon law, dealer prep, delivery and you'll know where you are on price.
Drove home and around town all evening and it is a dream to do, love the car, worth the wait, need to have buckets of patience to buy a car in this way, 4 months from order to delivery is a bit much.

Thanks for the info!
That confirms more lies that Renee tried to pull on me:
(1). She tried the "Nissan controls prices" lie with me. I clarified to her how that would be a federal crime (price fixing). She quickly back-pedaled and tried to pretend that the whole topic is complicated and confusing. Bullsh_t.
(2). She told you that you were her "first." She told me last week that she had just delivered three. At least one of those statements must be a lie.
Add to that her pricing lies to me, where she hid a $600 fee in what she classified as "7% tax" and later tried to double that scam and i now know that every single topic she presented to me was a lie!!

I'm trying to order my Leaf / This is my experience with Atlanta's Nissan Dealers

Team Nissan in Marietta
1) Availability = N/A: I don't know if they had a demo model or not.
2) Honesty = 10: They were very straight forward / no BS. I appreciate that.
3) Pricing = 0 (poor): Why would I pay you $500 over max price for a car you don't have to sell and you don't have to carry in inventory?!

Team Nissan Details:
I called them before sending the Request for Quote. Wayne Parker is the designated Leaf Salesman. I called early on 11/23 at 3:38pm. No answer / I left a message.
Later in the evening I called back, having heard nothing. The nice receptionist apologized and sad Wayne had been with a customer all day and she would hand-deliver my message to him. I understand; nothing wrong with being busy and face-to-face is more important than a ringing phone.
I didn't hear from Wayne until Thursday evening during Thanksgiving dinner; I let the call go to voice-mail.
I called him back Friday morning at 8:28am; the computer message said the dealership would open at 8:30.
I called back at 8:44 and the computer message again apologized for being closed and said they would open at 8:30.
Wayne called me at about 11:00am. We spoke politely and professionally for about 30 minutes. I communicated the ability to buy a 2012 SL in L.A., for $2k under MSRP, when I'm out there on business in two weeks, but that I would rather buy it locally for the right price.
His offer was 100% of MSRP plus $400 or $500 dealer document fee (total bullsh_t margin padding!).
He said he would work on it and talk with others and call me back. The whole conversation was very positive, friendly, and honest.
I didn't hear back from him until Saturday afternoon. His counter offer was 100% of MSRP with no document fee.
I thanked him but told him that I had already negotiated a better deal with Carriage Nissan in Gainesville.
The whole set of conversations was perfectly polite and completely honest. I appreciated that. If they would have worked on price I would been happy to give them my business. The car arrives pre-sold and never sits in their inventory; it's obscene to expect 100%+ of MSRP for a transaction that carries absolute minimal costs for the dealer.

I went with Carriage Nissan / I'll post that separately.

I'm trying to order my Leaf / This is my experience with Atlanta's Nissan Dealers

Carriage Nissan in Gainesville (770 532 6335)
2) Honesty = 10: 100% honest from the start / efficient, straight talking. Listened, answered each question clearly and honestly
3) Pricing = 8 (very good): All other Atlanta area dealers have demanded 100% MSRP + $500. Carriage Nissan agree to sell me my 2012 Leaf-SL for MSRP - $600, inclusive of all dealer fees.

Carriage Nissan Details:
I called Saturday, 11/26, at 10:15am. I was transferred to Carl Eunice, the designated Leaf Salesman.
I discussed the ability to buy one in LA while on business and have it shipped back to Atlanta as well as my preference to do business locally. I asked for MSRP - $1k, inclusive of all dealer fees. Carl was very honest, listened well, and asked if he could call me back in a few minutes after talking with the dealership owner.
Carl called back a few minutes later with the dealership's counter-offer, which was MSRP -$1000 + $399 doc fee. I thought this was perfectly honest and represented the only serious effort I've seen from Atlanta area dealers.
I accepted the offer and we put all the numbers into NissanUSA's website. Carl was even nice enough to structure the pricing and comments on Nissan's "dashboard" so as to avoid any ambiguity (we were very clear on what each expense was and what the final check would be).
I accepted the detailed offer presented through NissanUSA's website within 30 minutes of my first call to Carl E. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Carl and Carriage Nissan (770 532 6335) to other Atlantans looking for a good price and good service for their new Leaf!
Thank you, Carl, for the total honesty and for working with me to find a mutually beneficial price.

... now the anxious wait starts ... it's going to be a looooong winter; I've been waiting for this car for three years now!

I am very happy to hear about your experience with Carl and Carriage Nissan. I had talked with Carl in August. GA had not been allowed to order at that time and I hoped that I had lit a fire under the folks at Carriage. It seems from your experience that I was successful. When we can finally relocate to GA to be close ot my daughter and her family, hopefuly soon, I will follow in your steps at Carriage. I wish you, Carl and Carriage Nissan the best.

tharcaps said:

Carriage Nissan in Gainesville (770 532 6335)
2) Honesty = 10: 100% honest from the start / efficient, straight talking. Listened, answered each question clearly and honestly
3) Pricing = 8 (very good): All other Atlanta area dealers have demanded 100% MSRP + $500. Carriage Nissan agree to sell me my 2012 Leaf-SL for MSRP - $600, inclusive of all dealer fees.

Carriage Nissan Details:
I called Saturday, 11/26, at 10:15am. I was transferred to Carl Eunice, the designated Leaf Salesman.
I discussed the ability to buy one in LA while on business and have it shipped back to Atlanta as well as my preference to do business locally. I asked for MSRP - $1k, inclusive of all dealer fees. Carl was very honest, listened well, and asked if he could call me back in a few minutes after talking with the dealership owner.
Carl called back a few minutes later with the dealership's counter-offer, which was MSRP -$1000 + $399 doc fee. I thought this was perfectly honest and represented the only serious effort I've seen from Atlanta area dealers.
I accepted the offer and we put all the numbers into NissanUSA's website. Carl was even nice enough to structure the pricing and comments on Nissan's "dashboard" so as to avoid any ambiguity (we were very clear on what each expense was and what the final check would be).
I accepted the detailed offer presented through NissanUSA's website within 30 minutes of my first call to Carl E. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Carl and Carriage Nissan (770 532 6335) to other Atlantans looking for a good price and good service for their new Leaf!
Thank you, Carl, for the total honesty and for working with me to find a mutually beneficial price.

... now the anxious wait starts ... it's going to be a looooong winter; I've been waiting for this car for three years now!

The dealer that sales for 1k below MSRP is the one that will sale the most cars, this is what happen in some areas of Calif. I informed the Sales Director of that very thing at Gwinnett that the dealer that offers 1k off MSRP will sale the most cars because most dealers on east coast and mostly ATL are pushing the MSRP only pricing.
So good for you , now the patience really get's the workout now.

My delivery date changed today to "Pending", so, I called the dealership and they said they got invoiced for the car today and it should arrive in the next few days ;)

Edit on Dec 2nd: Nissan CS says that sending the invoice to the dealer happens as part of the port process where ownership passes from Nissan USA to the dealer. They can not confirm (or deny) if the car has left port on the transport, and the only answer I got was to wait for my delivery date to change again to "Week of ___".

sigh..... :|

Good news!!!

The dealer called this morning to let us know that our car was delivered to them this morning; they said they wanted to do the preparation today but the mechanic that can do it is off this weekend...

Sooooo, they say we can go this afternoon to do paperwork, trade-it et all, and they will let us take the demo back home for the weekend until the preparation is done on Monday.

That sounds like good service to me :D

amtoro said:
Sooooo, they say we can go this afternoon to do paperwork, trade-it et all, and they will let us take the demo back home for the weekend until the preparation is done on Monday.

Congratulations! You are nearly there.

amtoro said:
Good news!!!

The dealer called this morning to let us know that our car was delivered to them this morning; they said they wanted to do the preparation today but the mechanic that can do it is off this weekend...

This isn't fair. Mine was reserved 4/20/2010 E0E1E205 one of the first in GA
Order confirmed after teaching the Dealer how to answer the RAQ 8/11/2011
That's nine days before yours and still no Leaf for me.

Nissan doesn't seem to care about any dealer outside of Atlanta in GA.

amtoro said:
Sooooo, they say we can go this afternoon to do paperwork, trade-it et all, and they will let us take the demo back home for the weekend until the preparation is done

I'm impressed; that's very considerate of the dealer!

amtoro said:
Good news!!!

So what are you doing for charging? What did it cost you?

We ended up not picking it up yesterday but we got all the lease terms and payment; I wanted to also talk to my credit union to see how much the payments would be for purchasing.

At the end, the lease seems to work just fine, so we will pick it up Monday evening.

For charging, I have an SPX unit that has been waiting for the car patiently in the garage for about 3 months.

We took delivery today!!!

I gave the keys to our Toyota Yaris to the new owner this afternoon and drove on the motorcycle with my wife to pick up our silver LEAF in the evening. ;)

A couple of coats of scotchgard on the seats and armrests, rubber floor mats, road kit, first aid kit, safety vest, shopping bags and other essentials, and the car is now charging for tomorrow's drive. The Navi is not that complicated, I set up several locations and preferences without having to learn the manual; The home-Link has a different sequence than the Toyota's, so, I had to look that up.

We are officially, a LEAF household :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

amtoro said:

I gave the keys to our Toyota Yaris to the new owner this afternoon and drove on the motorcycle with my wife to pick up our silver LEAF in the evening. ;)

A couple of coats of scotchgard on the seats and armrests, rubber floor mats, road kit, first aid kit, safety vest, shopping bags and other essentials, and the car is now charging for tomorrow's drive. The Navi is not that complicated, I set up several locations and preferences without having to learn the manual; The home-Link has a different sequence than the Toyota's, so, I had to look that up.

Cool, I am enjoying mine one week of driving to and from work from 7 miles off exit 17 north 400 down to Duluth at Peachtree and Abotts Bridge rd. 60 mile round trip day. Have around 25 miles left when I get home in the afternoons. I heat it up in the mornings while docked before leaving to work. The computer and options in programming is fun, time consuming.
Enjoy that Leaf, It is a new way to commute.

Leaftogo1 said:
amtoro said:

Cool, I am enjoying mine one week of driving to and from work from 7 miles off exit 17 north 400 down to Duluth at Peachtree and Abotts Bridge rd. 60 mile round trip day. Have around 25 miles left when I get home in the afternoons. I heat it up in the mornings while docked before leaving to work. The computer and options in programming is fun, time consuming.
Enjoy that Leaf, It is a new way to commute.

LEAFtogo you are very close to where we want to be in Cumming! Glad to hear you and amtoro are enjoying your LEAFs!

Back