Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Weatherman, They have been delivering the cars for over a year and knew how, when, and where on the logistics needs for making those deliveries in a timely manner. I am within their lotted window of delivery barely. Not a fun experience ordering and buying a car this way given the mis-infor or mis-directed info from Nissan Customer Service consistantly. Knowing it does not take 14 days to move a vehicle from the port of jax to Atl. Due to a family member whom works at a dealership that deals with cars coming in this way doesn't help. I also feel the dearlership seems to consider it a pain to deal with sales of a car in this manner via over internet & sales ordering instead of car is on the lot ready to go with the customer when done type of care sales. California has EV history as well as we on east coast don't, and we would expect just as good an experience this way as dealing on the lot to buy. Just hasn't worked out that way. So over all not a fun experience unless your gifted with much patience.

Something must be up, folks in Florida whom should be getting cars from the load dropped by Hoeigh Trident are being pushed futher out on their delivery dates as well. Mine is sitting at the dock not due to ship to dealer till 11/29 putting it there by 12/1. We will see. Maybe there is an issue with delivery trucks, inspections of vehickes or of not enough crew to deal with the deliveries. We don't know but someone does.

The only option you didn't mention was the cars themselves. Like I've been saying, those suckers are leaking something, the least of it being radiation - mine is perfect though :p

I feel for you guys but I can't stop messing with you either.

My salesman called this evening and said my car had been delivered late yesterday and she wasn't informed untill this after noon it was there. So, I should be able to get it tomorrow or Friday at latetst, the're not open Thursday. Yet, good old CS of Nissan had sent me this email yesterday: I appreciate your eagerness to get your LEAF, and am very happy that you're so excited for delivery! Right now in my system I am seeing that your vehicle is at port awaiting port modifications. The estimated delivery time to the dealership is 11/29, and ready for you as early as 12/01. These are estimated dates so they can change. We stated that delivery would be within 3 to 4 months of order completion, and your delivery date of Dec 1st is still within that time frame. You will assuredly recieve your vehicle on time.

So, don't believe what they tell you, apparently no clue after it arrives at port till it gets delivered to dealer is known by them.

I received confirmation of my SL (Pearl) on 8/11/2011
"
=================================================
Your order info:
Ordered on: 08/11/2011
Confirmation number: E0E1E205
"
120 days will be up on 12/09/2011. Currently I have no VIN, and my delivery date was pushed from week of 1 Dec to week of 11 Dec 2011. 11 Dec puts it at 122 day or 4 months.

N952JL said:
"
Your order info:
"
120 days will be up on 12/09/2011. Currently I have no VIN, and my delivery date was pushed from week of 1 Dec to week of 11 Dec 2011. 11 Dec puts it at 122 day or 4 months.

Where are you located and whom be your dealer? I think if you haven't called Nissan CS I would, I noticed the dealer can update you dashboard as well as CS rep, ask for Pre-sales , Also you should be able to sign into carwings now and get your vin.

Leaftogo1 said:
N952JL said:
"
Your order info:
"

Where are you located and whom be your dealer? I think if you haven't called Nissan CS I would, I noticed the dealer can update you dashboard as well as CS rep, ask for Pre-sales , Also you should be able to sign into carwings now and get your vin.

I live in Warner Robins GA and my dealer is 5 Star Nissan. Carwings have not gone active yet, I've been talking to both dealer and CS (Mike). They cannot say why Atlanta area is receiving Leafs, even customers who ordered after with same color etc, before middle GA. But that's the case. So far mine should be the first for middle GA and was the first in GA to reserve back in April of 2010.

cracovian said:
The only option you didn't mention was the cars themselves. Like I've been saying, those suckers are leaking something, the least of it being radiation - mine is perfect though :p

Nah, the cars went thru a recent typhoon, so they are carefully rinsing all the salt from the sea water off.. its not easy, the cars sat soaked in salt water for two weeks and it messes with all the electrical connections that were not 100% sealed.

N952JL said:
Leaftogo1 said:
N952JL said:
"
Your order info:
"

I live in Warner Robins GA and my dealer is 5 Star Nissan. Carwings have not gone active yet, I've been talking to both dealer and CS (Mike). They cannot say why Atlanta area is receiving Leafs, even customers who ordered after with same color etc, before middle GA. But that's the case. So far mine should be the first for middle GA and was the first in GA to reserve back in April of 2010.

They know it if was on Hoeigh Trident or not and if it was your carwings should be activated; Is the mike your talking to
Michael Nauth
Nissan LEAF/Telematics
Service Delivery Supervisor
877-664-2738

I'm trying to order my Leaf / This is my experience with Atlanta's Nissan Dealers

Gwinnett Place Nissan Summary:
1) Availability = 8: They have a demo that they were more than happy to let me drive, let my wife drive, and let me stuff three child seats across the back.
2) Honesty = 0: Every question was deflected, they were pained to be helpful, and every single number was a lie.
3) Pricing = ???: I can't tell what their price is; each provided price came with a "woops" and a "how did that happen?!"

Gwinnett Place Nissan Details:
Before going to the place I spoke with the Internet Sales Mngr who assured me that they would have a detailed price sheet when I arrived. Needless to say, they had nothing when I arrived.

The "Leaf Rep" is Renee C. She seemed nice enough. I insisted on pricing. This was the last thing she wanted to provide. She started explaining how they don't have control over pricing, how that's controlled by Nissan. I rebuked her (such conduct would be a federal crime) and she shifted and softened her story.

After 30+ minutes, she wrote a base number on a scrap paper: $37,870. I asked if that included everything, and reminded her that I wanted every item enumerated. She took the slip back, wrote a few things, and returned it to me with "7% Tax" circled under the original number and a new total below: $40,519. I immediately pulled out the iPhone and did the math myself. Of course, the numbers were lies. She added the tax and an additional $500 bonus bill. When confronted with her second lie she insisted that it was just an "accident."

I drove the demo and ensured that three child seats fit across the back (ask me how). I sent my wife to drive it; she liked it.

I asked her to e-mail me the full numbers. This took her another two days. She apologized, explaining that it's very complicated and difficult to do (how f__king pathetic are you?!)

The numbers arrived late Monday. Of course, the price magically jumped from $40,519 to $41,183. I replied, asking about this. Oh, insisted Renee, it was just another "accident", that they have now tried to screw me with a $500 bonus bill TWICE in the same transaction.

She sent another e-mail insisting that she's honest. Only a fool would believe her after her pattern of dishonesty.

Gwinnett Place Nissan Summary:
1) Availability = 8: They have a demo that they were more than happy to let me drive, let my wife drive, and let me stuff three child seats across the back.
2) Honesty = 0: Every question was deflected, they were pained to be helpful, and every single number was a lie.
3) Pricing = ???: I can't tell what their price is; each provided price came with a "woops" and a "how did that happen?!"

I'm trying to order my Leaf / This is my experience with Atlanta's Nissan Dealers

Regal Nissan in Roswell
1) Availability = ??: I don't know if they had a demo model or not.
2) Honesty = 10: I didn't "go all the way" with Dan, but in our conversation he was perfectly willing to answer my questions and didn't give me any BS. I appreciate that.
3) Pricing = 0 (poor): Why would I pay you $500 over max price for a car you don't have to sell and you don't have to carry in inventory?!

Regal Nissan Roswell Details:
I sent the Request for Quote to them. I then called and spoke with Dan. He was honest and straight forward, which I appreciated.
He insisted that the Leaf is in such high demand that they don't feel there's any need "to discount it", so they want MSRP + $500.
I discussed the fact that it's a car that doesn't sit on your lot and doesn't need to find a buyer, therefore reducing your business' expenses dramatically. He was uninterested.
What I didn't share was that HE doesn't get a LEAF unless I choose to have it shipped to him, so he can't gouge people on the price. He can get a modest margin working with me or he can get zero margin because he'll never see the car, but he will never get a rape margin because I won't have the car shipped to him.

Anyway, we politely agreed to disagree. We ended the phone conversation and I changed my preferred dealer on Nissan's website and moved forward from there.

I'm going through Nissan South Union City and they seem pretty straightforward. They quoted us $35370 for a SV, which is MSRP + floor mats. The sales people are nice enough, but no one really seems to know anything about the car itself. I definitely know more about it than any of the salesmen, but what else is new...

They don't seem crooked, but no money has changed hands and that might be why. Time will tell when delivery happens. As far as I know, this is the first Leaf for them.

That Dan from Roswell is a screw-up like all others. I can't believe I've left him with an orphan... I went with Town Center for my current LEAF and they tried to cheat me in the end but rewrote the papers the next day.

They're all crooks. Just make sure they give you MSRP + some dealer fee ($450 and up) + TTT. That's all you should pay but if the morons start charging above MSRP then good luck to their short term idiocy.

I have talked with Carl E. at Carriage in Gainesville a few times, once in person, a couple of times by email. He seemed interested and tried to be helpful. Like many dealer representatives he was very new to the LEAF and the relevant procedures.

I would have done business with Carl in September but the sale of our house in NH fell through and we are still in NH. You might want to give Carriage Nissan a try to see how you fare with them.

I now have the oportunity to order here in NH but finances dictate that I wait. I may have to wait until my house in NH sells and I can finally move to GA.

Thanks for the info, jimcorr.
I'm trying to find a solution at the Marietta dealership. I'll let everyone know how it ends as soon as I know!

What other experiences are Atlantans / Georgians having?

I picked up my Leaf today at Gwinnette Nissan. Overall being the 1st in line for delivery thru them has been a little tough. Nissan Customer service sometimes right on and then sometims they give miss leading information. Then at the dealers Renee's boss was swapped out on me mid stream, Lance no longer with them, New Inet Director Guy Steve, Cold & a bit of a Jerk. Chris Kim is New Car Director, best to deal with him at upper level if need be. Renee has learned a lot in doing my deal 1st Explained that cars are not a negotiable deal cause of nissan. no discount, incentives on the 2012's. Thus RAQ is MSRP on car, plus accessiors, 599 dealer prep, 850 delivery, 18 title, 3 lemon law. 41k Drive out for me. Cash deal, no trade in to deal with, no discounts. Gwinnett has learned to go ahead and give drive out quotes due to no negotiation simple thing to do. Renee is great, will fight for you once she has a moment to clear up what her bosses are trying to figure they are doing on charges. so take 37250, your accesories, tax, title, lemon law, dealer prep, delivery and you'll know where you are on price.
Drove home and around town all evening and it is a dream to do, love the car, worth the wait, need to have buckets of patience to buy a car in this way, 4 months from order to delivery is a bit much.

Congrads. Yes it seems a very long wait. But remember you now have to wait for your 12,500 back in tax credits. (7.5 fed and 5 state).

Leaftogo1

congratulations on your new Leaf and thanks for passing on the information about price negotiations. I have waited for over 19 months for a leaf so I am not to sympathetic to your wait.

BarryE

My status changed overnight. It went from week of 11 Dec to Pending. And in my profile, the Pre Sales checklist closed. (it was open). I wonder what happened to my Pearl leaf confirmed on 8/11/2011.

Dashboards can be changed by Nissan Customer service and or updated by your Dealer. If you call Nissan customer Service ask for Pre sales, have your confirmation number and ask for an update.

Back