Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was moved this morning as I check my dashboard. Would have been nice to have gotten an email before looking on the dashboard to find that out. So it went from week of Nov 25th to week of Dec 1st. Arrived at doc in Jacksonville on the 14th of November and they can't get it from there to duluth ga till the week of Dec 1st. That is sad. My wife sales cars and her Sales Manager says it shouldn't take max 10 days to get it fromt there to dealer.

It obviously shouldn't take that long since the LEAFs we've already gotten here came on the same ship (or didn't they?)... My guess is that your batch is leaking oil and they have to fly a few Japanese mechanics to change the gaskets or at least to check the tire pressure :)

cracovian said:
It obviously shouldn't take that long since the LEAFs we've already gotten here came on the same ship (or didn't they?)... My guess is that your batch is leaking oil and they have to fly a few Japanese mechanics to change the gaskets or at least to check the tire pressure :)

Nope the Hoegh Trident arrived on tuesday the 14th at 2am in the morning in Jax. It only takes a few hours to totally unload one if it was to be emptied out which is not likely being it was onward to two more us ports.
I would think the issue is with thanksgiving week, union port workers, scheduling trucks around thanksgiving as well to haul it to ATl. Dealer needs a day or two to go over it and test it I understand as well. I let my salesman, her boss and nissan know that it is an issue for me with one car currently, but at this point it is dealer and delivery issues.

Glad it's the lazy drivers and not the leaking oil or faulty transmissions then...

Which ship did our LEAFs come on then? And why so few? What else could the ship have been hauling?

rslatkin said:
My "Month of November" just changed to "Week of Dec 12." I'll take it!

There just doesn't seem to be any consistency regarding the information coming Nissan. Mine changed last week from "month of November" to "week of December 23." Why it changed earlier to a later date than yours is anyone guess.

Nissan seems to be doing a really bad job at managing expectations. I remember last December thinking I was a week or two away from ordering a Leaf (after waiting 8 months) only to be told that I would have to wait another eight months. I'm curious to see how other manufacturers handle the purchase process for their electric cars.

Has anyone seen the commercial for the Mitsubishi EV that is built in Normal, IL? I lived in that town when I was in high school.

donm82 said:
There just doesn't seem to be any consistency regarding the information coming Nissan. . . Nissan seems to be doing a really bad job at managing expectations.
Amen to that. I've been saying this for a long time. It has soured my image of and relationship with Nissan, as a company.

donm82 said:
Has anyone seen the commercial for the Mitsubishi EV that is built in Normal, IL? I lived in that town when I was in high school.
Yes, I've seen the commercial and even plunked down the $299 refundable deposit to be one of the first in line to order one, given how much I have come to dislike Nissan's treatment of me as a potential Leaf buyer. End the end, however, after doing thorough research, I had to conclude that the Leaf was the better car and better value for me. So even though I don't like the way the company communicates (or doesn't), I decided to go with the best product for me. I also have a good relationship with the dealer, which helped.

I have 299 waiting for the Mitsubishi as well... Just hedging my bets here but GA is truly the last state for them at this point, the car is very small and the range is pretty bad too... There's like a 2% chance I'll get that instead of the second LEAF unless Nissan keeps raising the prices.

relytgerg said:
donm82 said:
There just doesn't seem to be any consistency regarding the information coming Nissan. . . Nissan seems to be doing a really bad job at managing expectations.
Amen to that. I've been saying this for a long time. It has soured my image of and relationship with Nissan, as a company.

donm82 said:
Yes, I've seen the commercial and even plunked down the $299 refundable deposit to be one of the first in line to order one, given how much I have come to dislike Nissan's treatment of me as a potential Leaf buyer. End the end, however, after doing thorough research, I had to conclude that the Leaf was the better car and better value for me. So even though I don't like the way the company communicates (or doesn't), I decided to go with the best product for me. I also have a good relationship with the dealer, which helped.

I agree. Ultimately, I've got to be happy with the car not the company. My current car I've owned for 12 years. I really can't picture myself in something as small as the Mitsubishi EV.

Leaftogo1 said:
Mine was moved this morning as I check my dashboard. Would have been nice to have gotten an email before looking on the dashboard to find that out. So it went from week of Nov 25th to week of Dec 1st. Arrived at doc in Jacksonville on the 14th of November and they can't get it from there to duluth ga till the week of Dec 1st. That is sad. My wife sales cars and her Sales Manager says it shouldn't take max 10 days to get it fromt there to dealer.

My dashboard slipped from week of 2 Dec to week of 11 Dec. It was ordered the same time yours was and is the same Pear SL. You tell me why yours is stateside and mine will not dock till 4 Dec. Nissan CS has no idea why Atlanta is getting so many Leafs that were order after mine and middle GA can't get even one.

This is the email from cs. I also got one form salesman, don't think they are as serious about providing straight answers to their customers. I am a 100% cash buyer, I am sure I'll be happy with the car, currently very unhappy with Nissan CS.

Great news on the ship landing!
Your LEAF will go through a port inspection.
The systems will be checked and accessories, splash guards,
hologram kick plates and floor and cargo mats installed.

Your LEAF will be scheduled for transport to your dealer.
At your dealer, your LEAF will go through a re delivery inspection.
This will include charging the battery and making sure your new LEAF
meets all of our standards for delivery.

Your dealer will be the next contact you have. They will call you to set up a day and time for delivery.

I know that the port process is done as quickly as possible. However we will not allow any shortcuts in the preparation of your new LEAF.

Your LEAF is almost in your driveway. Please let me know when you take delivery.
I would be anxious to hear your first impression of your new Nissan LEAF.

Thank you,

Mike

Michael Nauth
Nissan LEAF/Telematics
Service Delivery Supervisor
877-664-2738

It will be ok if ya'll get them electrics in December - it would be far worse in January and your taxes would be big time affected... Hopefully, the whole Georgia gets electrified by EOY, even those middle Georgia farmers in places where the sun don't shine, the devil don't go, and where only peanuts and okra grow.

cracovian said:
It will be ok if ya'll get them electrics in December - it would be far worse in January and your taxes would be big time affected... Hopefully, the whole Georgia gets electrified by EOY, even those middle Georgia farmers in places where the sun don't shine, the devil don't go, and where only peanuts and okra grow.

Never heard it stated that way, but yea "the devil don't go" because there's nothing here for him, and "only peanuts and okra grow", what's wrong with peanuts and okra? You can eat both and burn peanut oil in your truck if needed.

Being some of the "failure to communicate: both by my dealer and Nissan CS, and moving my deliver date twice. I am going to get my vengence on all those emails, letter for feed back, and yes I will name names. Give a real good reason to change the flow of their sales on the east coast.

driverou812 said:
Just curious....If you ordered in August and you get delivery 1st week in December, what's the issue?
There's no issue, other than Nissan's unwillingness to communicate specifics. They state it takes approximately 90 to 120 days. This is within the 120 days.

amtoro said:
I have created a map to post our orders; you must login to Google to add your location.

When adding your location you can just mark your town or a nearby intersection.

To mark the status of your LEAF order, use a Blue marker for orders where only the month of delivery is available, a Red marker if your week of delivery has appeared in your dashboard, and a Green marker if you have taken delivery of your LEAF (including out-of-state orphans).

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=212811496732435075851.0004afd088a98c02a3cbe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See you guys there!

Here is an existing google map tracking all Leaf orders; http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

driverou812 said:
Just curious....If you ordered in August and you get delivery 1st week in December, what's the issue?

That is the issue, no straight answers, and no two CS people giving the same answer to the same question. Delivery date moved back and forth instead of rock solid, taking two long from day when ship has docked to delivering car to simply get it up the road 400 miles to a dealer taking 14 days?

It amazes me how different it is from one coast to the other; it seems that on the East coast more people get highly upset because Nissan can not give them a date and time months in advance... We are all waiting for the New Car, calm down and take it as part of the experience.

amtoro said:
It amazes me how different it is from one coast to the other; it seems that on the East coast more people get highly upset because Nissan can not give them a date and time months in advance... We are all waiting for the New Car, calm down and take it as part of the experience.

I think the main issue is not so much an east coast/west coast thing, but rather why, after nearly a year of delivering LEAFs, is Nissan still having so many logistical problems? You would think this is the first time they have introduced a new model into the U.S.

Of course, the local dealers aren't helping matters much. Most of them seem to regard the whole electric car thing as an annoyance and are offering as little service to their customers as possible (and yet, still asking for a fat "dealer service fee").

Combine those two together, and most people are either unhappy with Nissan, unhappy with their dealer, or both.

Back